Author Topic: What would you like to see on the Next Generation GTR/Concours?  (Read 12166 times)

Offline JerBear

Re: What would you like to see on the Next Generation GTR/Concours?
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »
No one said the request had to be reasonable!

True but it would help if it was realistic.  Can't get ten pounds a taters in a five pound sack. :banana
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 06:44:03 PM »
No one said the request had to be reasonable!

Then I want it to function like the Star Wars bikes that fly.  However, I'm only willing to spend $500 more for that feature.   :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »
Then I want it to function like the Star Wars bikes that fly.  However, I'm only willing to spend $500 more for that feature.   :rotflmao:

Me too! And this would be the ultra classic dayna wide glide heritage fat boy:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2017, 04:00:15 PM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tbanzer

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
The C14 engine is not "de" tuned, it is tuned differently.... precisely as they wanted and intended for sports touring (reliability, comfort, noise, efficiency, refinement).  It is unlikely they would leave it exactly like in the ZX14 (power trumps everything) without "re" tuning it in some ways.

I would be surprised if a new generation C14 came out that was built on this same block, though (since they changed it for the ZX14).  It has to increase the complexity, expense, space, etc, to have to maintain the inventory and production capacity for two instead of just one.  The more interchangeability they have, the better their bottom line.
De Tuned, De nutted,Re tuned or precisely calibrated for its intended purpose call it what you want. But one ride on this bike when I purchased it left me feeling like this thing is a dog compared to the ZX14 I rode a few days before. Still waiting for a new more powerful motor before I buy another Concours. Had my c10 for 6 Years waiting and was excited after riding the Zx only to be disappointed in the performance of the Concours. Detuned I say.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2017, 12:14:58 PM »
De Tuned, De nutted,Re tuned or precisely calibrated for its intended purpose call it what you want. But one ride on this bike when I purchased it left me feeling like this thing is a dog compared to the ZX14 I rode a few days before. Still waiting for a new more powerful motor before I buy another Concours. Had my c10 for 6 Years waiting and was excited after riding the Zx only to be disappointed in the performance of the Concours. Detuned I say.

forget it, he just doesn't get it. He never rode a ZX14R, and didn't even drove the C14 hard. All that nonsense about reliability, noise, etc. is not only not missing in the ZX, but abundant. The C14's engine has been detuned for market segmentation, nothing else. Throwing big words like complexity, expense, space and the never missing "etc." is for free. VVT is not, and it's there  ::)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2017, 12:38:52 PM »
forget it, he just doesn't get it.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am, but personal attacks are never needed.

He never rode a ZX14R, and didn't even drove the C14 hard.

Awfully presumptuous, aren't you.  How exactly do you know how I ride the C14?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2017, 05:03:46 PM »
You are mixing up opinions with facts. Big issue these days everywhere.
No personal attacks whatsoever. Simple observation power from multiple posts in which people told you how and why it is detuned, then you repeat the same "explanation" over and over. You love telling everybody about the search function; use it.
How you drive your bike is awfully (word of the day) clear to those who want to hear read it, since you explained it more than once. Again, the search function is your friend.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »
You are mixing up opinions with facts. Big issue these days everywhere.

Yes, I can see

No personal attacks whatsoever.

Seemed that way to me.  You weren't just arguing points, you were trying to debase me.  Primarily by implying that I couldn't possibly know anything about the topic because "I don't drive hard."  That is a personal attack.

Simple observation power from multiple posts in which people told you how and why it is detuned, then you repeat the same "explanation" over and over.

And some people love to say it is "detuned" and repeat their same "explanation" over and over.

How you drive your bike is awfully (word of the day) clear to those who want to hear read it, since you explained it more than once. Again, the search function is your friend.

Examples please.  Yesterday I went from a turn onto a road and rapid-shifted at near full-throttle to 120MPH.   Or are you basing on my having said that I rarely do that...which is true.  But doesn't mean I don't drive "hard".  I often accelerate very hard and at high RPM, but stop before going insanely fast (for reasons of road situation, safety, not wanting tickets).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2017, 06:30:09 PM »
A part number comparison between a zx and a c14 of the same year would put this argument to rest if anybody cared enough to do it. Block, head, pistons, rods, cams etc. Everything should interchange so you could uptune the c14. What has been detuned can be retuned, right?   :deadhorse:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2017, 07:54:50 PM »
A part number comparison between a zx and a c14 of the same year would put this argument to rest if anybody cared enough to do it. Block, head, pistons, rods, cams etc. Everything should interchange so you could uptune the c14. What has been detuned can be retuned, right?   :deadhorse:

Or that one that is tuned in one way can be tuned in another.

The only thing really at question is the purpose.  One might believe that all those changes held only one purpose- to lower power with no other benefit, save presumably to prevent the C14 from eating into ZX14 sales (while noting that the C14 sells at a higher price must somehow not matter) or perhaps it's glory.  A marketing decision.  Or one might believe that the designers traded some benefits for others.  Lastly, one might believe it to be somewhere in the middle.  There is logic enough for some to believe the latter and cynicism enough for some to believe the former, although with no evidence supporting it and without face validity (at least to me).

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 11:59:18 PM »
Domald Trump wouild probably claim it was "fake tuned"  ;D
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2017, 03:54:15 AM »
One, I strive for this to be a pleasant place to be (probably one of the few I've seen where we're pretty much nice to each other).  I will not tolerate the kind of responses I've seen in the latter part of this thread.  >:(

Two, any mentioning of politics in the C14 threads won't be tolerated at all.  >:(