Author Topic: Anyone with a Remus exhaust?  (Read 19289 times)

Offline olie

Re: Anyone with a Remus exhaust?
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 09:21:29 PM »
ALAS THE MAN WITH THE ANSWER!!  :hail:

PM me and let me know what the right price is. Do you have the polished, titanium, or CF?

I have seen a few bmw's online that have blown up their CF exhaust cans and it had me reconsidering other materials for a moment.. I still like the look and I want the low heat transfer.
my Remus hexacone is the Titanium model.... if interested I will PM you with price and any other info you may want. I will get pics.
13 Blue Connie, 8/4/2013
16 Green Versys 1k
11 Red Vette

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »
going with the all carbon fiber from Demon-tweeks.co.uk     <--- might take up to a month  :banghead:

I will be sure to review their customer service and the installation of the exhaust. And of course I will have glamour shots of the big green beauty

Every thing I drive is special and makes me excited just looking at it

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 04:57:38 PM »
So this is just the slip on, not a full system, correct? That's the way it appears on the add. So the EU gtr's have 02 sensors, so does your 15, and the sensors are in the hear pipe collectors. Bottom line, there won't be any effect on the power or fueling to any extent. Wide open slip ons gain maybe 3hp on the stock muffler at WOT high rpm because all the flow is bottled up ahead of the cats.  Steve

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 11:49:16 PM »
So this is just the slip on, not a full system, correct?

Yep.  [sarcasm mode on] Isn't that clear by many people continuing to call a muffler/silencer an "exhaust"?  Kinda like calling a battery an "electrical", the calipers a "stopper", or a fuel pump a "fuel"  :)   Cue Conniesaki...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 07:28:27 AM »
Yep.  [sarcasm mode on] Isn't that clear by many people continuing to call a muffler/silencer an "exhaust"?  Kinda like calling a battery an "electrical", the calipers a "stopper", or a fuel pump a "fuel"  :)   Cue Conniesaki...

:chugbeer: :rotflmao:

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »
So this is just the slip on, not a full system, correct? That's the way it appears on the add. So the EU gtr's have 02 sensors, so does your 15, and the sensors are in the hear pipe collectors. Bottom line, there won't be any effect on the power or fueling to any extent. Wide open slip ons gain maybe 3hp on the stock muffler at WOT high rpm because all the flow is bottled up ahead of the cats.  Steve

yeah slip on. The reason I'm not getting a full system is because I don't want to void my warranty in any way so I'm not touching the flies either (I'm of the mindset that they are a part of a system I paid a lot of money for) but 3 years isn't a long time..

I'm not doing it for horsepower as much as #1- sound and #2- appearance and I don't believe the performance benefits of this brand will be significantly different from any other brand. As I understand it when I'm ready to turn up the performance I need to contact you.

Do you need to have a bike with that exhaust to set up a tune or is there a general 2015-2016 2BROS tune that will work for most slip on bikes?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2016, 02:15:10 PM »
yeah slip on. The reason I'm not getting a full system is because I don't want to void my warranty in any way so I'm not touching the flies either (I'm of the mindset that they are a part of a system I paid a lot of money for) but 3 years isn't a long time..

Replacing the exhaust does not void or jeopardize your warranty.  And don't let any dealer try to tell you that either!  And you don't need to touch the secondary butterflies when replacing the exhaust system.  But it makes sense to change their behavior (by removing them or reprogramming them) and that can be done with a reflash without touching them.  Now, reflashing could be argued to more likely to potentially affect warranty, in theory, but they can't detect it is done, so it should be moot.  ;)  Generally, the manufacturer cannot deny mods, aftermarket parts or addons, etc... and if they want to deny warranty work, it is up to them to prove that your parts or mods caused the problem that needs to be addressed by the warranty.

Do you need to have a bike with that exhaust to set up a tune or is there a general 2015-2016 2BROS tune that will work for most slip on bikes?

If by "exhaust" you mean "muffler", those don't affect performance in any meaningful way and so there should be no difference in the tuning/flash.  But if you replace the exhaust [system], that will require a different tuning/flash.  I don't know which Steve has done or not done so far; but he will absolutely need access to an actual bike with those mods to create a tune.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2016, 02:37:43 PM »
I appreciate the help but I don't need an English lesson when you clearly understand what I'm saying. There are words for people like that. I have it right, by your standards, in that sentence I use the word exhaust to refer to the complete system. You can find the word exhaust many times in your owners manual.

putting on a slip on is a relatively minor and easily reversible modification. Its still a brand new bike to me and I am loving it

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »
I appreciate the help but I don't need an English lesson when you clearly understand what I'm saying.

It was not clear nor was it a lesson... I addressed the questions based on both possibilities.  You said "that exhaust" and I didn't know if you meant what you were originally posting about (a Remus muffler) or what.  You mixed the terms previous in reply 11, too.  Even the title/subject of the thread says "exhaust" and Remus doesn't make an exhaust for the Concours/GTR1400, only mufflers/silencers (at least from what I can see).

There are words for people like that.

Yes, "confused people" by vague terminology.

putting on a slip on is a relatively minor and easily reversible modification.

I can understand and appreciate not wanting to modify the bike too much.  And some dealers can be a royal pain with automatically denying warranty work without basis.  Hopefully your local dealer isn't like that.  But know that if you want to make some mods, it shouldn't affect your warranty.

Its still a brand new bike to me and I am loving it

:finger_fing11:

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2016, 06:52:33 PM »

If by "exhaust" you mean "muffler", those don't affect performance in any meaningful way and so there should be no difference in the tuning/flash.  But if you replace the exhaust [system], that will require a different tuning/flash.  I don't know which Steve has done or not done so far; but he will absolutely need access to an actual bike with those mods to create a tune.

not for a slip on, the restriction is in the head pipes, so a slip on is almost meaningless to the tune. now doing a full system ? yes, that's a horse of a different color. steve

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 09:34:17 PM »
Yes, "confused people" by vague terminology.

I don't think that's what he had in mind, but you did a good job curbing his enthusiasm.

There are words for people like that.

Maybe exhaust would be like 'digestive' and muffler would be like 'rear end'. I think that was the general direction of this comment. Insert whatever term produces the full effect if needed, for further clarity.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 09:04:10 AM »
Finally received my Remus kit from Demon-tweeks, only took 3 days to come from the UK! Over all I am satisfied with the customer service and shipping and packaging (triple boxed)

The packaging warns me not to remove the plastic wrap until after the montage  :rotflmao:

I installed the parts following the directions provided but, on my own judgement, I did use some regular automotive antiseize when fitting the slip joints <- I dont recommend this because it smoked until it burnt off. when I do it again I will get the right stuff (motorcycle exhaust sealant) or use nothing. The fit and finish on this kit is great, I havent seen any exhaust that looks so clean when mounted. It appears that the Remus logo has changed slightly from the pictures Ive seen online and looks like the logo on the US reseller websites.

More pictures to come. Of course now that I have a new farkle its all storm clouds in the forecast  >:(

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »
more pictures! The noise of the bike is so beautiful now that I like to take 1st gear into higher revs. I havent noticed any popping noises on deceleration.

Offline BigEdPVD

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2016, 08:59:40 PM »
this thread is useless without VIDEO!!   ;D
"You've seen it, you've HEARD it, and you're still asking questions?!?"
"Yeah, when do we go for a RIDE!?!?"

Offline ZXShan, 2015 C14 ABS

• 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 09:14:05 AM »
Just say "vrooom vrooom vrooom" as you are looking at the pictures.
Quote: "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
-Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 10:44:14 AM »
Thanks for the support guys. I am happy with the way it looks and it is very cool compared to the heat put off by the stock exhaust. I want to buy more accessories asap (total addict) but I have to make payments on the bike and I already need a new rear tire, plus I can feel a battery replacement (agm upgrade) is not far off.

I will try to make a before and after video when I inevitably take the baffle out next week. we all know how great deep sounds are captured by cell phone microphones so Im sure it will be a big selling point for the muffler  ;)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 02:18:22 PM »
I can imagine your stupid grin when you finished the installation and turned the engine on  :chugbeer:
The only thing that sounded (slightly) better that day to me was the Ducati 916 SP with a carbon Termignoni mufflers, from the colleague that helped me out swapping the cans.

As for your attempt at trying to get Max to stop correcting everybody for everything... good luck. No, really: good luck!
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »
As for your attempt at trying to get Max to stop correcting everybody for everything... good luck. No, really: good luck!

I would hardly call it "everything".  Maybe a few things... like calling a muffler an "exhaust"...  But yeah, that is futile.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2016, 06:28:58 PM »
I would hardly call it "everything".  Maybe a few things... like calling a muffler an "exhaust"...  But yeah, that is futile.

So how do you pronounce that Max... 'fyoodil' or 'fyootil' or 'fyootile' ?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2016, 09:12:19 PM »
So how do you pronounce that Max... 'fyoodil' or 'fyootil' or 'fyootile' ?

Is it found in an airport?