Author Topic: Anyone with a Remus exhaust?  (Read 19285 times)

Offline Zacharykro6

Anyone with a Remus exhaust?
« on: June 23, 2016, 07:49:37 AM »
Does anyone have experience with REMUS exhaust? I am about to order one for my 2015 C14 but the manufacturers website only lists application for up to a 2010 GTR1400

Akrapovic mounts in a similar way to the REMUS HEXACONE and they list one part number fits years 2008-2016. Anyone tried the Remus?
Every thing I drive is special and makes me excited just looking at it

Offline DaddyFlip

Re: Anyone with a Remus exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 07:52:19 AM »
I have not. But did you do a search for 'remus'? I got two pages and 47 threads talking about it. No, I'm not stalking you. 8)

BTW... 26 threads over at COG.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 08:40:34 AM »
Yes I know how to search. I didn't find any threads specifically talking about it or addressing my question, mostly just threads that have the word in them.

Its a bit of a hassle to read thru whole threads just because one post has one word in it, and even if I found something that is likely years old, the forum member may no longer be active or have any clue about my specific question relative to a 2015 model. The best I can do Is question the European manufacturer, British distributor, and both c14 forums to cast a broad net and maybe catch one person who knows.

Im not looking for recommendations for alternative exhaust systems either, I know many people are happy with their mufflers and everyone has an opinion.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:06:14 AM »
I could be wrong, but I think martin_14 has one on his. Maybe send him a PM.

reference:
In my opinion, the weight and looks difference were more than enough reason to go for the Remus Hexacone Ti. I love it, and the noise it makes is intoxicating. That article quoted a gain of around 1,4% or something like that. I don't notice nor care. What I love the most about that can is the same that I don't have to see that eye sore that the OEM exhaust was, and have a piece of beauty instead (to my eyes anyway).

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 09:13:43 AM »
I could be wrong, but I think martin_14 has one on his. Maybe send him a PM.

Thanks I did. He is in Munich however so he might not know about US model bikes.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 10:39:13 AM »
Yeap, I'm in Europe, and I just answered your PM. And I have the Hexacone in my bike. Mightly happy with it. The sound is so good that last year at a motorcycle tour with 14 BMWs (including the new S1000XR, RTs, GTs and GSs) and me with my bike, everybody complimented the way that Remus sounds. It's quiet when cruising, and deep full song when twisting the throttle.
But yes, my bike is a European model, '08. No idea what the differences might be with a '15 US model. Sorry.
Oh, and by the way, I know you guys don't care for football (which you ridiculously call soccer) but... Argentina   :banana :banana :banana :banana - USA   :1DeadBanana   (sorry, I'm not the kind of person who gloats, but I couldn't help it. Forgive me for this one time...)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:08:37 PM by martin_14 »
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »
Yeap, I'm in Europe, and I just answered your PM. And I have the Hexacone in my bike. Mightly happy with it. The sound is so good that last year at a motorcycle tour with 14 BMWs (including the new S1000XR, RTs, GTs and GSs) and me with my bike, everybody complimented the way that Remus sounds. It's quite when cruising, and deep full song when twisting the throttle.
But yes, my bike is a European model, '08. No idea what the differences might be with a '15 US model. Sorry.
Oh, and by the way, I know you guys don't care for football (which you ridiculously call soccer) but... Argentina   :banana :banana :banana :banana - USA   :1DeadBanana   (sorry, I'm not the kind of person who gloats, but I couldn't help it. Forgive me for this one time...)

Do you run yours with the baffle in?

I'm a basketball fan and don't personally care for soccer but there is a new team in town that has had sell out crowds- FC Cincinnati

I am planning to explore Munich after my wedding, maybe for our 1 year anniversary. We were thinking Munich to Salzburg to Florence make 10 days out of it. But I digress.. If I wasn't so excited for a new exhaust I might wait and pick one up while in Austria  :chugbeer: she would hate that side trip.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »
Forgiven..  Don't let it happen again, though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 12:20:19 PM »
Do you run yours with the baffle in?

Yes. I don't care for noise and it's better passing unnoticed. Literally. Those Müller, Maier and Smith at the TÜV cannot wait to find something wrong.
You don't necessary have to get it in Austria, even when it's made there. Best prices are usually found in Germany or Italy, depending on the article.

Forgiven..  Don't let it happen again, though.

I wouldn't dare tempting my luck twice...  :thumbs:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 11:53:01 PM »
  (sorry, I'm not the kind of person who gloats, but I couldn't help it. Forgive me for this one time...)

Since it was soccer and not real football, we will this one time. ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 05:09:44 AM »
Yeap, I'm in Europe, and I just answered your PM. And I have the Hexacone in my bike. Mightly happy with it. The sound is so good that last year at a motorcycle tour with 14 BMWs (including the new S1000XR, RTs, GTs and GSs) and me with my bike, everybody complimented the way that Remus sounds. It's quite when cruising, and deep full song when twisting the throttle.
[/b][/color]

Chile.....really? :-[

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 12:06:56 PM »
about to pull the trigger on the all carbon fiber remus hexacone, fiance thinks the polished looks better but what does she know  ::)

The most similar exhaust I see available here is probably the V&H, but I prefer the look (to me its worth 50% more  ;D) of the Remus with its larger diameter, solid mount, and six-sidedness. The only exhaust I see available here that mounts in a similar way to the Remus is the Akrapovic, all others use a strap around the body of the muffler.

I have had no luck contacting overseas vendors (I dont have international calling and neither does my office). I want to deal with demon-tweeks.co.uk but I want some response from them before I do. I have tried their contact form and their ebay account so I will wait another day for a response.

Other exhausts Ive seen online that have caught my eye are the trioval dual outlet that M.T.C. Max Torque Cans makes, and the Scorpion exhaust (both made in Britain) you can see the scorpion mounts similar to the stock exhaust, akrapovic, and remus

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 12:13:03 PM »
Did you try Revzilla

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:37 PM »
Did you try Revzilla

Thats the first place I looked, google really likes to take me there. They offer Scorpion and Remus brand parts for other applications but nothing for kawis

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 02:01:17 PM »
No luck here either? https://www.remusexhaustshop.com/product/kawasaki-gtr-1400-2007-2010-remus-hexacone-exhaust-muffler

Their price is not very attractive but the website does look official. Unfortunately the information they post about the exhaust only adds to the confusion, as it is a US market website but still lists application for 2007-2010 GTR1400. Interestingly, further down their page it lists application as 2012-on GTR1400. So apparently there is something odd about the 2011 model year GTR1400  :battle:

I have found another official US distributor selling these exhausts for over $800 and they had a noticeable difference in the REMUS logo as if they were labeled for US sale or just a newer production run.

Offline olie

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »
I bought one for my old 09 C14... later one I traded in and got a 13 model. Still the same Remus Hexacone. Too loud without the insert but perfect and smooth noise level with it.

I will sell mine if the price is right.... probably would get a Akrapovic $$$
13 Blue Connie, 8/4/2013
16 Green Versys 1k
11 Red Vette

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 03:57:06 PM »
So apparently there is something odd about the 2011 model year GTR1400

Not that I am aware of.  Muffler fittment should be exactly the same as on the 2010 and 2012 on either side of it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 07:09:46 AM »
I bought one for my old 09 C14... later one I traded in and got a 13 model. Still the same Remus Hexacone. Too loud without the insert but perfect and smooth noise level with it.

I will sell mine if the price is right.... probably would get a Akrapovic $$$

ALAS THE MAN WITH THE ANSWER!!  :hail:

PM me and let me know what the right price is. Do you have the polished, titanium, or CF?

I have seen a few bmw's online that have blown up their CF exhaust cans and it had me reconsidering other materials for a moment.. I still like the look and I want the low heat transfer.

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 09:34:54 AM »
I have made contact with demon-tweeks. Their price is accurate on their website however there is a 3-4 week lead time on that item because it is not in stock.

They have great phone service if you know how to call Britain, I had to google it to figure it out (hope my company doesnt string me up for making an international call)