Author Topic: Any juicers out there?  (Read 10846 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Any juicers out there?
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 06:21:24 AM »
Honestly, takes about as much effort as a home cooked meal and I make enough for 2 days so I would say it is actually less work.  My goal is simple, drop 30 pounds and get off of a couple meds.  I did what I did to my body and only I can undo the damage.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »

my wife picked up a juicer for pennies on the dollar at a thrift store several years ago.  I looked on the internet for a manual and found out there was a recall.  Ended up with a brand new juicer for next to nothing.

She got tired of it after about 6 months.  Probably sitting in a cupboard today.  I think she got tired of cleaning it.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Cuda

Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 10:01:15 AM »
How is the juicing going Chet? I'm down 20lbs. I don't contribute it to just juicing, cause I still only juice in the morning. I made a lifestyle change. I guess the word diet is no longer PC.  ;D

Anybody else having any success?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Back on it, between my trip to Kentucky and elk season I more or less stopped, try juicing in a hotel room (I did) and being out for 12ish hours, just doesn't work out too well.  Still got a glass in the morning but after that?  And I even used my small juicer elk hunting, nothing says margarita like fresh lime juice ;)  I can say no weight gain during my 3 week hiatus, but I missed the extra energy.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »
You still cannot believe the various things I think of when I see this thread title.... and a lot of them are just not pretty.

:-(

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2013, 06:02:45 AM »
Titles can be deceiving. I had high hopes for the 'Female Pictures' thread on the COG site but it turned out to be a bit of a let down.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2013, 06:04:27 AM »
Titles can be deceiving. I had high hopes for the 'Female Pictures' thread on the COG site but it turned out to be a bit of a let down.
So you should start a new one over here g?  ;D

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2013, 07:30:36 AM »
Back on it, between my trip to Kentucky and elk season I more or less stopped, try juicing in a hotel room (I did) and being out for 12ish hours, just doesn't work out too well.  Still got a glass in the morning but after that?  And I even used my small juicer elk hunting, nothing says margarita like fresh lime juice ;)  I can say no weight gain during my 3 week hiatus, but I missed the extra energy.
Keep trying to figure out taking a juicer on MC trips. ;)
My buddy i told you guys about sent me a picture last week. He has lost 100+ pounds now. All his riding buddies make fun of him.(insecurity) i started juicing two years ago still do everyday for breakfast.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2013, 09:47:27 AM »
I've ben considering a dehydrator to prepare my own, "healthier" meals on the trail. 

Last evening the wife was mixing up a batch and it just smelled so good, took me by surprise so I had a big glass for dinner.  Deer steaks tonight ;D

Offline Roger.m

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »
Considering this juicing thing myself, gotta do something!!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
Hey, I've got a pretty dry elk hoof you could gnaw on if things get rough.... Makes a great back scratcher too and I find our thinking to be similar.... usually.

Brian

I've ben considering a dehydrator to prepare my own, "healthier" meals on the trail. 

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »
You all still juicing?
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2013, 03:51:58 PM »
Yep.  one or 2 glasses a day.  When I do miss a day I just don't have the same energy level.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »
I am still juicing every morning, and I am down 25lbs.  :thumbs:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
I am still juicing every morning, and I am down 25lbs.  :thumbs:

Keep that up and I'll be handing clothes down to ya Gumby!  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2013, 07:12:11 PM »
I've been maintaining 206-208, but I am down 4 pants sizes, so something is working :)  Considering 2 years ago I was in the 250s I aint complaining.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2014, 11:05:34 AM »
The Nutri Bullet is da'bomb. Easy clean-up and takes up a lot less real estate on the counter. It also does not take as many fruits and veggies to make a good size drink = less $$$$$$!   :thumbs:

I think Costco has the best price right now.

http://www.costco.com/NutriBullet%C2%AE-Deluxe-14-piece-Blender-Set-with-Extractor-Blade.product.100080669.html

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
Meat and dairy is a staple of mine, however gluten is not. I eat my fair share of fruits and veggies and lots of nuts, but my gluten intake is practically non existent since last July. I started at 203 and I am now at 188.................I DO NOT EXERCISE, well minimally at most. I am off all of my acid relux meds and my cholesterol is where it needs to be now. I do not suffer with this at all, this is not drastic and this is not a diet " they do not work". More of a lifestyle change, without a drastic change on my lifestyle. I do not miss all of the breads, pasta and beer I use to ingest, and I still enjoy plenty of other spirits which are gluten free. How anyone can stop eating meat is beyond me, I live for BBQ and everything that is BBQ. I do own a Nutri-Bullet and it makes yummy drinks and works as advertised. Taking things to extremes to me is well......extreme, but what I have done is working very well and I am very content.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 06:16:56 AM »
I do not miss all of the breads, pasta and beer I use to ingest..

:yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.