Author Topic: What the hell is leaking from my new bike?  (Read 12452 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: What the hell is leaking from my new bike?
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
Not real hard to pull the plastic off that side.....just sayin.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
True but first it would be even easier to look under the fairing and see if one of the three vent lines has any fluid in it (them). Also, the cap(s) could be missing on one of the catch containers and the container could be leaking. At least he could determine the source of said mystery fluid.

Brian

Not real hard to pull the plastic off that side.....just sayin.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
Hey, I forgot all about that epic thread! Thanks for reminding me. Good times, like Haroldo's epic valve adjust thread.

Maybe the dealer that gave the guy the bike with no oil saved it up and dumped it in this new guy's bike? Hence he has 9 or so quarts of oil in the engine which is slowly turning red (probably from all the attention) and leaking onto the ground.

Brian

I still want to know what happened to the guy who got his bike from the dealer with no oil :-X
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »
Maybe it's blood. Do you know where your C14 goes at night when the moon is full?
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 10:07:02 PM »
Said animal part will keep away tigers as well which could be especially useful if it is one of those pesky red fluid eating tigers. Nasty creatures I hear.

Brian

2 things. 

<snipped the first two of the two things SOP was going to mention>

Third ( I cant count)  Install a hoof from the animal of your choice, it will give you added insurance against nuts who strap a filled plastic container full of volatile fluid and then poke a hole in their tank to drain said fluid, allowing an even greater chance of becoming dehydrated mere hours from home ;D  Come to think of it, that container was red???????

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 12:23:41 PM »
How about a little excess grease that got hot and dropped off??

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »
Good point.

Pepperoni grease is red, sortof, so maybe the OP was carrying a stick of pepperoni under the fairing?   :)

Brian

How about a little excess grease that got hot and dropped off??

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2013, 11:16:18 AM »
C-14's don't leak.
Ninjawarrior

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »
They gently weep....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 06:03:46 AM »
They gently weep....

That would be the gen 2s only.     ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 07:30:43 PM »
Well, it survived Peoria to Austin and back for the MotoGP, with 3 Sisters thrown in for good measure, so ....

I have no clue what was coming out, but it scared the sh*t outa me.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 07:23:22 AM »
Bike = 2012 C14, 1500 miles. Bone stock (ok, Phil's rack and Givi, also bar risers)

Reddish, doesn't feel like oil? My son spotted it, so I fired up the bike and moved it, it showed up at the new spot also.  Is brake fluid in that area?  The brakes feel fine and I rode it home 70 miles from there.

I leave for Texas Wednsday am at 6:30, this doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

Thanks!!!!

Mine did the same so I took it to the dealer for a look...

Vent hose from the gas tank wasn't routed properly they said...It sure looked like something other than gas to me but since the re-route of the vent hose it has not done it again..
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2013, 06:45:38 AM »
From the location it's clutch/brake fluid.
May have picked up some colour from somewhere on it's way to the floor.
Looks to me like the slave cylinder seal is leaking.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK