Author Topic: Ignition will not open?  (Read 16579 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Ignition will not open?
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 06:59:09 AM »
Wasn't lucky for either the rabbit or the Elk, was it?  Therefore, I'm 'sticking' with what 'works' for me.   :)

Well, without knowing the circumstances that led up to the rabbit and/or the elk loosing said foot, we have no way of knowing if it was lucky or not.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »
Let me show for first time in this forum the "Steering Lock Error"

After i reset the display the error has not showed again.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2014, 07:57:47 AM »
Interesting- I do not think we have seen that one before. It is service code (error number) 68 and the explanation is somewhat generic- there is some contact difficulty with the ignition switch housing KiPass unit. ?? It has absolutely nothing to do with the steering lock as we think of it (where you turn the bars fully to the left and turn the key fully counter clockwise) but the electronics locking aspects of the ignition switch.

Seeing as you opened the gray connector, make absolutely sure it is fully seated and connected. Sometimes it take a bit of force to fully close that connector as there are seals inside it that make it waterproof.

If it goes away and stays away, I would ignore it and chalk it up to an oddity of the system resetting after being disconnected from the main battery.

Brian

Let me show for first time in this forum the "Steering Lock Error"

After i reset the display the error has not showed again.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com