Author Topic: Recommendation of Fred Harmon for C-14 Service  (Read 14953 times)

Offline SkipH76

Recommendation of Fred Harmon for C-14 Service
« on: May 25, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »
Hope I'm posting this in the correct forum section.  Just wanted to recommend "our own" Fred Harmon for anyone in or near the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex needing C-14 service.  He did a routine valve check/TB sync on my 09 and went out of his way to perform the service.  He centered all of the valves, synced the TB's to within a gnat's eyelash, and took care of some other minor things while he had the plastic off.  He sent updates with photos daily and there were no surprises when it came time to pay and pick up the bike.  No one else will ever touch my bike...  PM him on the forum with any questions.

Skip Honeycutt

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Recommendation of Fred Harmon for C-14 Service
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 06:03:48 PM »
He doesn't play here and he's not a member so I think the PM suggestion wouldn't work so well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
Skip, glad he worked out for ya, but, he isn't "our own", he's our "has been".  ;)

All funnin aside, you could do worse for sure and he has put his time in on both Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes and he in all likelyhood knows more about the C14 than most dealerships.

Keep the spirit and thanks for sharing a success story :)

Offline Cuda

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 07:00:40 PM »
Skip, glad he worked out for ya, but, he isn't "our own", he's our "has been".  ;)

All funnin aside, you could do worse for sure and he has put his time in on both Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes and he in all likelyhood knows more about the C14 than most dealerships.

Keep the spirit and thanks for sharing a success story :)

Hey Hey has been     ... you looking in the mirror  ;D
Fred is a GOOD guy not sure why he does not like VJ but I don't like Cap't BoB ;)
Life is GOOD , If Fred was within 500 miles of me I would have the same chit done to mine.

Now which CAR tire should I buy???
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
Fred?  ???

Never heard of him...  :-\

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »
Sure glad I have all his DVD's before he went splitsville!!!!!  :P
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline SkipH76

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »
 :doh: OK I admit it, I did a cut-n-paste on a post from "the other" forum...  Guilty as charged.  Anyway, he's available if needed.

Skip

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 03:35:18 AM »

Hey Hey has been     ... you looking in the mirror  ;D
Fred is a GOOD guy not sure why he does not like VJ but I don't like Cap't BoB ;)
Life is GOOD , If Fred was within 500 miles of me I would have the same chit done to mine.

Now which CAR tire should I buy???

To clarify, it's not a personal issue with me or anyone on this forum.  Fred made his decision not to come here for his own reasons known to himself and possibly a few others.  It's his loss, not ours.  And I like Bob.  I've rode with him.  He's a good guy.  Him I miss, not Fred.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 06:50:28 AM »
He set me up with an awesome map for my PCV.
There's a good chance my bike is faster than yours. ;D

Deal with it. :stirpot:
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »
To clarify, it's not a personal issue with me or anyone on this forum.  Fred made his decision not to come here for his own reasons known to himself and possibly a few others.  It's his loss, not ours.  And I like Bob.  I've rode with him.  He's a good guy.  Him I miss, not Fred.

Well said, and I miss ole Bob too.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 09:52:31 AM »
I saw Bob last weekend- he is alive and well. In fact, he was the target of a sugar packet or two but that is another story....

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »

+1...

Offline Cuda

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:23 AM »
Well then let me clarify , I know nothing about any Freds issues with any one but  car tire advocates,  which I agree with him , no place on a motorcycle, that said he seams to have a wealth of good Info.
I like the way VJ keeps house.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 03:05:33 PM »
I saw Bob last weekend- he is alive and well. In fact, he was the target of a sugar packet or two but that is another story....

Brian

Well, tell us a story, please.....

Offline BlkBird

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »

Brian

Tell him I said hi the next time you see him.  Are you guys still getting together each month?  I plan to have more free time this summer than I've had for a couple years.

Dave

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »
No stories really- Bob was alone (no Mrs. Bob) and we hung out a bit although Bob goes to bed a lot earlier than I do so our evening socializing doesn't overlap that much. By the time I get up and out he is long gone on a ride to somewhere usually.

Yep, Bob is still holding monthly meet & greet lunches in Newburgh. The second Sat. if I remember correctly but check COG's calendar to be sure (both on what day as well as whether or not he is actually holding one on the month you are thinking about attending). I plan on holding at least a couple in mid- CT this year as well but not on the same day as Bobs'. While these are COG organized lunches, they are open to all and there is no need to be a member nor are there any charges (other than lunch....) to attend. Lately there has even been a couple of people with Spyders attending- other than taking up a whole parking space we do not even poke fun at them.... much. :-)

Brian

Well, tell us a story, please.....

Tell him I said hi the next time you see him.  Are you guys still getting together each month?  I plan to have more free time this summer than I've had for a couple years.

Dave
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 05:41:35 PM »
Well then let me clarify , I know nothing about any Freds issues with any one but  car tire advocates,  which I agree with him , no place on a motorcycle, that said he seams to have a wealth of good Info.
I like the way VJ keeps house.

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »
To clarify, it's not a personal issue with me or anyone on this forum.  Fred made his decision not to come here for his own reasons known to himself and possibly a few others. It's his loss, not ours. And I like Bob.  I've rode with him.  He's a good guy.  Him I miss, not Fred.

I perceive it a lot obscurer. But nobody asked me...
And I do feel the forum lost something by his leaving.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 05:23:58 AM »
I perceive it a lot obscurer. But nobody asked me...
And I do feel the forum lost something by his leaving.

Some of us don't know the story at all.

As for "COG", I never knew it existed until months on this forum- by chance I found this forum (well, the one before this one) first. 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 07:16:43 AM »
Hope I'm posting this in the correct forum section.  Just wanted to recommend "our own" Fred Harmon for anyone in or near the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex needing C-14 service.  He did a routine valve check/TB sync on my 09 and went out of his way to perform the service.  He centered all of the valves, synced the TB's to within a gnat's eyelash, and took care of some other minor things while he had the plastic off.  He sent updates with photos daily and there were no surprises when it came time to pay and pick up the bike.  No one else will ever touch my bike...  PM him on the forum with any questions.

Skip Honeycutt
Just curious...what did Fred charge you for the work?
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200