Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889342 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2380 on: August 21, 2016, 11:58:55 AM »
Those aren't paint chips, they're beauty marks. Scars are like tattoos but with better stories..
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #2381 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:04 AM »
Those aren't paint chips, they're beauty marks. Scars are like tattoos but with better stories..

I agree, but I just may be OCD enough to get the stuff repainted. I hate to say that I have the Tank Slapper protective film that is for these areas. I will say that it is in perfect condition sitting here in my den, waiting to be installed.
I was going to join the procrastinators club also, but I keep putting it off!

FIFY  :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1: http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah209/Sailor_chic/Outbound_zpsrjclv9ej.png~original

Part 2: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=11d0a57a1fab68c791&showInfo=yes&showHome=yes&hoursPast=0&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=5

Way to go young lady!  :thumbs:  I'm sure you took a camera with you, so where are the photos?

Okay Marty, you twisted my arm... https://www.dropbox.com/s/qez4qj08ib43i7q/The%20Bun%20Burner%202016.mp4?dl=0  Enjoy!

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2382 on: August 22, 2016, 06:55:22 AM »

:rotflmao:
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2383 on: August 22, 2016, 07:56:39 AM »
dl=0]https://www.dropbox.com/s/qez4qj08ib43i7q/The%20Bun%20Burner%202016.mp4?dl=0[/url]  Enjoy!

Sweet! Starts right off with Royal Gorge, Thompson Canyon, RMNP, Black Canyon of the Gunnison. My old back yard! Makes me homesick.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2384 on: August 22, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »
Okay Marty, you twisted my arm...

I never touched you!...I simply made a suggestion.  Don't be starting rumors, these guys (the "easy boys"as I call them) will run with them.  ;D

Joking aside, I'm glad I made the suggestion, very enjoyable slide show/presentation, thanks!  :thumbs:

Offline tomp

« Reply #2385 on: August 22, 2016, 11:13:46 PM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qez4qj08ib43i7q/The%20Bun%20Burner%202016.mp4?dl=0  Enjoy!
I joined that club decades ago, but guess I haven't paid the dues in a long time, been meaning to though. 

Great collage and cool music.  Thanks for sharing, as I doubt I will ever see those places for myself.  What and when is your next motorcycle excursion?
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #2386 on: August 23, 2016, 08:28:18 AM »
Thanks guys :)

Tom, never say never. Its as simple as just swinging a leg over and going. Just think of how much closer you are to those nice places than I am .

My next trip will be Sept 21st, heading up to the COG Arkansas Fall Ride. http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=65142.0  Then I think I might be going after a few more Flags pictures. This tied for 3rd place isnt sitting so well with me.  :P

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #2387 on: August 23, 2016, 04:00:26 PM »
sailor_chic.
Are you flag #352 on http://tourofhonor.com/ ?
Nice, I'm 441, been participating since 2012.   8)
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2388 on: August 23, 2016, 04:51:46 PM »
head north Nicole,
ohio, P.A. are abundant, and have many isles of flags.. and flag paintings.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

sailor_chic

« Reply #2389 on: August 24, 2016, 08:50:01 AM »
sailor_chic.
Are you flag #352 on http://tourofhonor.com/ ?
Nice, I'm 441, been participating since 2012.   8)

Yes, that me. 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2390 on: August 24, 2016, 01:05:15 PM »
Rode it and (choke) washed it. :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2391 on: August 24, 2016, 01:23:51 PM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2392 on: August 24, 2016, 01:32:35 PM »
It did freeze over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline tomp

« Reply #2393 on: August 24, 2016, 01:40:06 PM »
Oh the difference.  Had it been a Harley he washed, everyone would be oooohing and aaaahing to see pictures of his shiny bike... ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2394 on: August 24, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »
Right....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2395 on: August 24, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »

Who are you and what have you done with Jim? Where is the Mother ship? How do you contact them? Why have you come to earth?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline robval1987

« Reply #2396 on: August 24, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
I had mine at the dealership for the last week, lost only keyfob last week, so they ordered a new keyfob and an emergency fob and key blanks for both. I had to pay for a lock smith to open my saddle bag where my owners manual was and thankfully the original dealer wrote the key number in the manual so he was able to cut a temp key to access under the seat (Kipass ECU) then on Friday determined that they just couldn't reprogram a new keyfob, but actually had to order a new Kipass ECU which is suppose to come with those 2 keyfobs that I paid $400.00 + 70 S&H. Closed Sunday and Monday. Then yesterday the new ECU and fobs did not arrive even though they where ordered and sent overnight. So today the dealership got 2 sets of ECU's with only one keyfob, long story short they installed the ECU then had to learn how to program it. The only thing the dealer could not do was associate the TPMS sensors as the are in the tires and they would have to remove each tire to get the ID # off each sensor. I opted to ride and remove the wheels on Monday and the just break the bead and take photos of each sensor with a friends help, then air up the tire and reset the bead and reinstall the wheels back on the bike. Then go to the dealer 1st thing Tuesday morning with the TPMS sensor numbers and have them finish. Other then the tire pressure showing 0 for both front and rear tires everything else is working great. IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE KEYFOB, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET YOURSELF A SPARE KEYFOB. IF YOU LOSE YOUR ONLY KEYFOB IT WILL COST YOU ROUGHLY  $1100.00 TO GET YOUR CONNIE UP AND RUNNING, PAY A LITTLE NOW ABOUT $300.00, OR ALOT LATER!
Retired U.S. Army, Retired Law Enforcement Officer
"Don't ride faster then your Guardian Angel can fly."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2397 on: August 25, 2016, 05:12:18 AM »
I had mine at the dealership for the last week, lost only keyfob last week, so they ordered a new keyfob and an emergency fob and key blanks for both. I had to pay for a lock smith to open my saddle bag where my owners manual was and thankfully the original dealer wrote the key number in the manual so he was able to cut a temp key to access under the seat (Kipass ECU) then on Friday determined that they just couldn't reprogram a new keyfob, but actually had to order a new Kipass ECU which is suppose to come with those 2 keyfobs that I paid $400.00 + 70 S&H. Closed Sunday and Monday. Then yesterday the new ECU and fobs did not arrive even though they where ordered and sent overnight. So today the dealership got 2 sets of ECU's with only one keyfob, long story short they installed the ECU then had to learn how to program it. The only thing the dealer could not do was associate the TPMS sensors as the are in the tires and they would have to remove each tire to get the ID # off each sensor. I opted to ride and remove the wheels on Monday and the just break the bead and take photos of each sensor with a friends help, then air up the tire and reset the bead and reinstall the wheels back on the bike. Then go to the dealer 1st thing Tuesday morning with the TPMS sensor numbers and have them finish. Other then the tire pressure showing 0 for both front and rear tires everything else is working great. IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE KEYFOB, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET YOURSELF A SPARE KEYFOB. IF YOU LOSE YOUR ONLY KEYFOB IT WILL COST YOU ROUGHLY  $1100.00 TO GET YOUR CONNIE UP AND RUNNING, PAY A LITTLE NOW ABOUT $300.00, OR ALOT LATER!

Wow, that sucks! I think that we pretty much told you that this was gonna happen after you told us that you lost the one and only FOB.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6976.msg269212#msg269212

How many working FOBs do you have now? Remember, there are two types (there's pics of both around here someplace) one is thin and doesn't use a battery the other is larger and does use a battery. There are also two modes used by the larger FOB (passive and active) and one used by the smaller FOB (passive) and these have to be programmed into the bike in order for the bike to recognize the FOBs. The active mode allows the bike to be started when the large FOB is within 5 feet or so of the bike. In the passive mode the FOB has to be in contact with the boss on the ignition housing. Both of these modes have to be programmed into the bike separately. You should test the passive mode on the large FOB to make sure that it was done correctly. Remove the battery from the large FOB and place it on the boss of the ignition housing. If it was done correctly the bike will start.

This is an older document but it still applies to current bikes. There's info on the two modes used by the larger FOBs.

http://www.zggtr.org/MGalleryItem.php?id=455
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tomp

« Reply #2398 on: August 25, 2016, 05:46:55 AM »
Just got called into work eight hours early.  Guess the FOB will stay safely in the key bowl until tomorrow now.  A great day to all.  tomp

Offline robval1987

« Reply #2399 on: August 25, 2016, 05:50:54 AM »
I now have 3 fobs, 2 battery style and 1 non battery style. I know the non battery style works, I've used it several time while working on my bike. Didn't know about the passive and active, but will be checking first thing in the morning. Thanks for the info. Still sucks I got to break down the tires to get the codes off the TPMS sensors. You would think that they could have pulled all that info out of the old Kipass ECU.
Retired U.S. Army, Retired Law Enforcement Officer
"Don't ride faster then your Guardian Angel can fly."