Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889138 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2360 on: August 05, 2016, 06:57:36 AM »

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2361 on: August 05, 2016, 08:44:57 AM »
No I'm not off topic, I was sitting on my C14 when this question occurred to me earlier this morning.

Hooligan, kwakrider,

I just wanted to verify some of the Braai recipe measurements.

Which of the following correct?

a) 1 tot = 1 jigger = 9 teaspoons = 3 Tablespoons?

b)1 tot = 25 ml = 5 teaspoons

c) none of the above, a tot = ___________________ (<---fill in the blank)

Just to be clear this only refers to cooking recipes, when it comes to drinking we all know that one persons tot is 50ml and another's is 500ml+.  :D

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2362 on: August 05, 2016, 11:20:39 PM »
Just to stay on topic, I washed the bike, cleaned the windshield properly, and fitted it back to the bike. Now I have a bug free windshield....

Now:

No I'm not off topic, I was sitting on my C14 when this question occurred to me earlier this morning.

Hooligan, kwakrider,

c) none of the above, a tot = ______ (normally a 25ml shot glass, but to be taken into context) _____________ (<---fill in the blank)

Just to be clear this only refers to cooking recipes, when it comes to drinking we all know that one persons tot is 50ml and another's is 500ml+.  :D

I need the context please FM.....? It should also be noted that a Braai cannot take place without a beer (at least) in hand.

Rule of thumb, when the fire is lit, you should've had about 3 beers already.

The recipes you see on the internet, is for the fine food lovers, who think a 100gram (3.5 ounce) steak is enough for supper. The proper way to braai, is to have a 1Kg (2.2 pound)steak, with only salt and pepper, done medium to rare on an extremely hot fire. Maybe throw in a bit of olive oil into the mix.

Ya'll welcome to come visit me, and I'll show you how its done...

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:57:21 PM by Hooligan »
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2363 on: August 06, 2016, 08:21:17 AM »
I need the context please FM.....?

Ahh yes, sorry. I suppose it isn't really a Braai recipe but I did see it on that site.
But the context would be in the Creole Chicken Curry recipe seen here:
http://braai.com/recipes/creole-chicken-curry/

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2364 on: August 06, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »

PS... the potato gun is sitting here in my office. My daughter came in and said, "Where did that big vacuum cleaner come from?"  :rotflmao: Seriously; you can justify the OE can all you want, but it really is a ridiculous hunk of metal.

Well, I suppose....
But then it ain't getting any better soon on new machines....seems like a trend....

And THIS is rediculous as far as I'm concerned... and they stuck 2 of them on the bike...

Even this is an atrocity.....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2365 on: August 06, 2016, 11:33:15 AM »
Just to stay on topic, I washed the bike, cleaned the windshield properly, and fitted it back to the bike. Now I have a bug free windshield....

Now:

I need the context please FM.....? It should also be noted that a Braai cannot take place without a beer (at least) in hand.

Rule of thumb, when the fire is lit, you should've had about 3 beers already.

The recipes you see on the internet, is for the fine food lovers, who think a 100gram (3.5 ounce) steak is enough for supper. The proper way to braai, is to have a 1Kg (2.2 pound)steak, with only salt and pepper, done medium to rare on an extremely hot fire. Maybe throw in a bit of olive oil into the mix.

Ya'll welcome to come visit me, and I'll show you how its done...

You're killing me.... :thumbs: :hail: :chugbeer: :finger_fing11:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2366 on: August 06, 2016, 01:01:16 PM »
Speaking of atrocity, that H2 tells the same sad tale that Honda wrote when they redesigned the Interceptor. Why in the world would you design a single sided swing arm, then cover up the clean side of the wheel with corporate junk muffler? Compare 2009 (gray, done right) with the current model (red, done wrong). It not even a cool looking muffler.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #2367 on: August 08, 2016, 01:50:33 AM »
You're killing me.... :thumbs: :hail: :chugbeer: :finger_fing11:

Filled the tank, rode about 200 mile for lunch, and filled the tank again when I got home.....

Now with that out the way, please see attached? I know it's not possible for all of you to come visit me, so I drew up a step-by-step instruction for ya'll on how to braai....

Enjoy..... :chugbeer:
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #2368 on: August 08, 2016, 02:14:30 AM »
Well, I suppose....
But then it ain't getting any better soon on new machines....seems like a trend....

And THIS is rediculous as far as I'm concerned... and they stuck 2 of them on the bike...

Even this is an atrocity.....

I suppose they want to keep the likes of Yoshimura, Two Bros, Acrapovic, etc in business.....
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline tomp

« Reply #2369 on: August 08, 2016, 05:46:09 AM »
I suppose they want to keep the likes of Yoshimura, Two Bros, Acrapovic, etc in business.....
Sadly, probably an effort to keep the world wide ridiculous government regulations followed.  I actually like the sound of the stock pipe over my Two Bros, but why does it have to be sooooo HEAVY?
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline slolifepilot

« Reply #2370 on: August 08, 2016, 03:47:24 PM »
Rode home from the shop after having the radiator fan replaced.  All covered under warranty but im sure glad a friend of mine with a good ear told me to have it looked at.  When hot and only the battery on it made a funny noise as it spun down after turning battery off.  As hot as it is here im glad it was caught early!  now just waiting for it to cool off below the surface of the sun to start riding again.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2371 on: August 08, 2016, 04:11:25 PM »
Rode home from the shop after having the radiator fan replaced.  All covered under warranty but im sure glad a friend of mine with a good ear told me to have it looked at.  When hot and only the battery on it made a funny noise as it spun down after turning battery off.  As hot as it is here im glad it was caught early!  now just waiting for it to cool off below the surface of the sun to start riding again.

Kewl
What is the year bike, and how many miles....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2372 on: August 18, 2016, 07:31:10 PM »
Did my first diff and oil change. What a nice bike to change oil on! Love that new oil shifting too.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #2373 on: August 19, 2016, 05:16:26 AM »
Installed a like new (400 miles) Baldwin GT seat. Oh yeah!
2014 C-14 Red

sailor_chic

« Reply #2374 on: August 20, 2016, 08:09:38 AM »
In the past 12 days, I washed my bike twice, one oil change, had to charge a completely dead battery, one new rear tire, fixed one flat rear, tested the usefulness of my Canyon Cages and rode 5600 miles in 14 states. And I have already had my crayons out and colored in my map.
And now I have to go wash the filth bike again. I fear that there is paint damage on the lower fairings from all the rough roads ridden on out west.

Offline tomp

« Reply #2375 on: August 20, 2016, 08:17:03 AM »
You are my HERO!!! Looks like a great ride.  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline slolifepilot

« Reply #2376 on: August 20, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
Kewl
What is the year bike, and how many miles....
2013 and 13,200 miles.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2377 on: August 20, 2016, 12:41:41 PM »
In the past 12 days, I washed my bike twice, one oil change, had to charge a completely dead battery, one new rear tire, fixed one flat rear, tested the usefulness of my Canyon Cages and rode 5600 miles in 14 states. And I have already had my crayons out and colored in my map.
And now I have to go wash the filth bike again. I fear that there is paint damage on the lower fairings from all the rough roads ridden on out west.

:yikes: apart from the washings, it's sounds like a most excellent adventure!

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2378 on: August 21, 2016, 09:18:54 AM »

Nice! And a few paint chips on the lower fairings are well worth it for the adventure!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2379 on: August 21, 2016, 11:34:06 AM »
I washed my bike twice....
 I fear that there is paint damage on the lower fairings from all the rough roads ridden on out west washing.
FIFY  :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1: http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah209/Sailor_chic/Outbound_zpsrjclv9ej.png~original

Part 2: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=11d0a57a1fab68c791&showInfo=yes&showHome=yes&hoursPast=0&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=5

Way to go young lady!  :thumbs:  I'm sure you took a camera with you, so where are the photos?