Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889269 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2340 on: July 25, 2016, 12:10:25 PM »
Black headers and two into one cf slipon?
I had a Remus 2 into 1 system on my last one, but it was just too loud to enjoy for any distance riding....  I like that this one has the Harley sound, but the intake sound is actually louder than the exhaust. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #2341 on: July 26, 2016, 09:06:48 AM »
Just installed my Remus slip on, now Im praying for sunny days to break it in.
Every thing I drive is special and makes me excited just looking at it

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #2342 on: July 26, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »

Great looking sculpted pipe- doesn't look like the typical can I mostly see.

Offline BrianK

« Reply #2343 on: July 30, 2016, 03:58:13 PM »

That looks awesome!!

Offline wcsod51

« Reply #2344 on: July 30, 2016, 08:52:38 PM »
Today I added Opt7 LED headlights, LED marker lights, and a TIR4 for a supplemental brake lamp. 8)
90 Kawasaki EX500, 93 Suzuki Katana 750
03 Suzuki RF900rr, 03 and 05 HD FLHTPI
07 HD FLHTCUI, 11 Concours

Offline tomp

« Reply #2345 on: July 30, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »
Took a 120+ mile lunch run today.  The 14 is a joy to ride, on four lanes and two lane back roads.  Hope all have a GREAT AND SAFE WEEK.  tomp

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2346 on: July 31, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »
Returned bike to 100% stock except for the semi-permanent stuff:

Fenda Extenda, Tech Spec pads, Grab-On grip covers

Going for a ride to see what I think.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2347 on: August 01, 2016, 09:24:23 AM »
Changed out air filter. Initially I thought it looked pretty plugged but when you peel back the pleats it doesnt look too bad.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2348 on: August 01, 2016, 04:36:17 PM »
Changed out air filter. Initially I thought it looked pretty plugged but when you peel back the pleats it doesnt look too bad.

Yeah, it is hard sometimes to judge just how dirty a filter (of any type) is based on how it looks from the surface.  Usually they are less clogged than they appear, but sometimes they are actually MORE clogged.   Conditions of where/when you ride have a lot to do with it- depending on the amount and size of the contaminates.

The only real way to know is a comprehensive flow test.  But, like, I doubt any of us have rigs to do that :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2349 on: August 01, 2016, 06:33:16 PM »
Sure we do.  Put it back in and see how fast you can go with it, then put in a new one and see how fast you can go with the new one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2350 on: August 01, 2016, 06:57:37 PM »
I'm good!!!              .....                                                          quote author=VirginiaJim link=topic=18000.msg268506#msg268506 date=1470097996]
Sure we do.  Put it back in and see how fast you can go with it, then put in a new one and see how fast you can go with the new one.
[/quote]
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline tomp

« Reply #2351 on: August 01, 2016, 07:35:32 PM »
Took an evening ride on the 14, and realized the thing I love about it, I also hate, RAW ACCELERATION.  Where I live, there are millions of people, and they all seem to want to be on every road on which I want to travel.  There is nothing like twisting the right wrist in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and even 6th on the 14.  I do love that feeling, as I am sure you all do too. 

What I hate is the FACT that I have a machine that can do that, but have nowhere to do it, unless I am searching for a very large ticket.  Like I said when I first bought my first C14, this bike has taught me one thing, "PATIENCE", at 47-48 MPG average.  tomp

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #2352 on: August 02, 2016, 06:57:45 AM »
What I hate is the FACT that I have a machine that can do that, but have nowhere to do it, unless I am searching for a very large ticket.  Like I said when I first bought my first C14, this bike has taught me one thing, "PATIENCE", at 47-48 MPG average.  tomp

Get a little bike for fun on the side. Connie wont get jealous  :finger_fing11:

I have a 1982 KZ750 and I am trying to sell it, she only goes about 75. In the mean time I could flog it like a rented scooter
Every thing I drive is special and makes me excited just looking at it

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2353 on: August 02, 2016, 07:34:42 AM »
I don't mean to rub it in but where I live 30 mpg rides are not rare 8)
Wayne

[/quote]
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2354 on: August 02, 2016, 11:13:01 AM »
Returned bike to 100% stock except for the semi-permanent stuff:

Fenda Extenda, Tech Spec pads, Grab-On grip covers

Going for a ride to see what I think.

What about the flash?....so what's happening?..getting ready to sell?...or are you referring to just a change back to the stock muffler to see if you like it better than the area P.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2355 on: August 03, 2016, 04:01:21 PM »
What about the flash?....so what's happening?..getting ready to sell?...or are you referring to just a change back to the stock muffler to see if you like it better than the area P.

I forgot to mention the flash.  Yes, back to stock as much as I was willing to go; flash, fenda extenda, grab-ons, and tech specs still on the bike.  Had never installed the Area P.  Just got in one of those moods and intended to sell outright or MAYBE think about trading it... until... I got my mind off bikes and somehow talked myself into an MX-5 Miata for the wife!

So I came home and put the Area P on there- makes a big difference. Looks great, sounds really good, less handlebar/tank vibration at all speeds, and not loud when cruising. Bike has to be breathing better because you can feel the exhaust pressure six feet away from the pipe; can barely feel anything coming out of the stock pipe. I don't know SISF; I think I know why folks would rather go for the pipe than the flash. It doesn't take near as much faith or brains to enjoy the pipe.

I do get some decel popping with the Area P. They give instructions on plugging an airbox hose, but I don't think I'm going to worry about it. It is pretty neat that you can hold your hand on the CF shell and not burn yourself.

PS... the potato gun is sitting here in my office. My daughter came in and said, "Where did that big vacuum cleaner come from?"  :rotflmao: Seriously; you can justify the OE can all you want, but it really is a ridiculous hunk of metal.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2356 on: August 03, 2016, 11:17:42 PM »
We had a public holiday for voting purposes in RSA yesterday, so I thought I'd put it to good use. Poles opened at 07H00 and I was there, leaving at 08H10. Now with the voting station being 100 meters down the road, I walked back home and started stripping my Connie for servicing.

Did the Oil, Oil filter and Air filter by the time Kwakrider rocked up at my place. He helped with the sparkplugs and the diff oil, and we were done by 16H00, having completely assembled the bike. Coolant was topped up as well, and the system hose clamps were tightened as well.

Of course we had a lunch and some beers during this time as well, and we even had a BBQ ( called a braai in RSA) afterwards.

Thanks again for the help KR, greatly appreciated Brother!!
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2357 on: August 04, 2016, 08:27:31 AM »
We had a public holiday for voting purposes in RSA yesterday, so I thought I'd put it to good use. Poles opened at 07H00 and I was there, leaving at 08H10. Now with the voting station being 100 meters down the road, I walked back home and started stripping my Connie for servicing.

Did the Oil, Oil filter and Air filter by the time Kwakrider rocked up at my place. He helped with the sparkplugs and the diff oil, and we were done by 16H00, having completely assembled the bike. Coolant was topped up as well, and the system hose clamps were tightened as well.

Of course we had a lunch and some beers during this time as well, and we even had a BBQ ( called a braai in RSA) afterwards.

You mean like this: http://braai.com ?

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2358 on: August 04, 2016, 10:42:36 PM »
More like this Rhino....
http://braai.com/recipes/steak-braai-recipe-2/

:chugbeer:

While I'm at it, fitted my new headlight protector yesterday... Cost me an entire R700.... or $45...Bargain...
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #2359 on: August 05, 2016, 03:30:31 AM »

Always a pleasure my brother!!  :) :) Jy weet mos!!  ;D