Author Topic: Thank you to YOssarian! Member helps another  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Strawboss

Thank you to YOssarian! Member helps another
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »
A week or so back, I asked about old flash units for film format cameras. YOssarian offered to send an old unit to me free as he didn't have any use for it. Well, the one he sent was absolutely perfect! Its an older Minolta unit thats was made for my older Minolta camera, its got a small crack in the lens but looks fairly unused. It works perfectly too. I gotta say this is the best group of folks I've ever had the chance to know. To send something to someone else and not even know them or ask for anything is something you don't often see anymore. Thank you again, and look for something in your mailbox soon Yossarian.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Y0ssarian

• Arena
  • 97% chance of being hit by a piano
Re: Thank you to YOssarian! Member helps another
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
A week or so back, I asked about old flash units for film format cameras. YOssarian offered to send an old unit to me free as he didn't have any use for it. Well, the one he sent was absolutely perfect! Its an older Minolta unit thats was made for my older Minolta camera, its got a small crack in the lens but looks fairly unused. It works perfectly too. I gotta say this is the best group of folks I've ever had the chance to know. To send something to someone else and not even know them or ask for anything is something you don't often see anymore. Thank you again, and look for something in your mailbox soon Yossarian.

Awww...golly, shucks and gee-whiz. No problem man; glad to help you out!
The words of the prophets are written on the cylinder walls.

Offline booger

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
YO, it seems you are a stand-up guy!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:00:20 PM »
Wow thats nice. I was following the thread from before and this is "off the chain" nice!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 05:24:11 AM »
 :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:59:09 AM »
it's called restoring the faith in humanity.  TWO THUMBS UP!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »
That is what I love about this group of people. Years back I was having problems with my bike. I was also a far stones throw from home. Not only did one our members come help me, they removed a part from their bike and loaned it to me so that I could get home.
I was recently able to return that same form of generosity. Dano had me making some hwy-pegs for his bike. He wanted to use the stock driver pegs. He was still waiting for his GoldWing pegs so I removed my pegs and modified them so that he would not have to be without his ride.
I did this on good faith, why? Because I do have good faith in the people of this forum.

I have never been let down on my faith yet, nor do I think I ever will; but just in case.....Just remember that the Concours is a very dependable long distance bike and that I carry when I ride.
 :D
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."