Author Topic: $1200 -Two C10s for Parts or Mechanic's Specials. Lots of Extras - Bay Area SF.  (Read 1764 times)

Offline norcalbarney

• I got me an '86
    • Bikes, bro
I need to sell both of my C-10 Connies.  I'm favoring my smaller, simpler bike, and the connies have a few nagging issues that I'm just not going to get to.  I went a little crazy with all the upgrades when I first got into Connies.  My loss is your gain.

The Silver 1986, the first year connie, CA model #1154, about 40k miles.  This bike has a current REG with CA DMV and a clear title.  This bike has an electrical short between the battery and the J-Box.  Wiggle it around, and it'll start, but mostly it just clicks in the J-Box.  This bike was a running until it developed this issue, and I let it sit for a few months.  This bike has STORS round handlebar adaptors, Murph's heated grips, Stick Coils.  Attached to the STORS adapters are currently GW Aspencade bars (sit up and beg).  The highlight of this bike would also be the monster TOKICO 4-pot brakes, with the correct adapters and +3" steel brake and clutch cables from Murph.  They stop really well and cost me about $500 for the brakes, cables and adapters.  There's also a good Corbin seat on this one.

The clearcoat on the tank is starting to peel, but it's not rusty or anything.  All plastics, farings and bags are included, if a little worn.  The 88 also has the ultra rare plastic antler covers in silver.  Silver bike has the overflow bottle (GSX600?) relocated under the seat, original bottle included.  This bike was tipped by a car parker, and the steering lock is busted, but rides fine.

The red 1991 C-10 has a clear title, CADMV registered Planned Non-Opp, to avoid paying insurance on it.  It is also close to running, I believe.  I put about 15K miles on this bike, then hydrolocked the original engine, and I personally swapped it for a 20K 1999 engine from a running bike.  The swap is complete and correct, except for the carb hookups (vacuum and cables) and the overflow bottle tubing to the swingarm.  I don't have a garage, so I'm not going to get around to finishing it. You can have the other rebuildable engine too, if you'd like.

The 1991 has a Rifle windscreen with a 17" and a 26" screen, Murph's Knee Savers with Goldwing pegs, good paint, and the plastics are in pretty good shape.  This bike has a Corbin Smuggler, but it's cracked and holds water.This bike will also need tires and one front disk to be ridable.  There's one good battery and one set of RH controls between them, and one extra reflowed J-Box.

*As the Extra Special Forum Special*  I'm traveling July 22nd, and if you can get them by then I'll also throw in a brand new pair of Steve's Torque cams ($275!) and Steve's 2 Minute Mod Kit, also brand new.  I also have one stock seat, and a stock seatpan.  I'm sure there's some extra stuff I'm forgetting, and you'll get it all!

I'd like to get $1200 for this huge pile of Connies and upgrades, but I'll also entertain other offers.  Bring a trailer or a van, and take them away.  Bikes are in San Francisco, CA.  four one five eight four six three five four zero is my phone #, or contact me through the forums if interested.  I'll be uploading pics shortly.

-matthew-

Offline Stasch

Its both a good and bad thing you are so far away.

Good because I can't get there to bring this stuff home.

Bad because I can't get there to bring this stuff home.

Garage is too full now anyway, but there's this winter thing coming . . . .
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline norcalbarney

• I got me an '86
    • Bikes, bro
Like I said, I'm traveling in two weeks... Maybe I can drive a van?  : ) lol. 

Sadly, just joking.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
Its both a good and bad thing you are so far away.

Good because I can't get there to bring this stuff home.

Bad because I can't get there to bring this stuff home.

Garage is too full now anyway, but there's this winter thing coming . . . .

+1    If you were in the Northeast I'd have 4 bikes by the weekend.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline norcalbarney

• I got me an '86
    • Bikes, bro
Sounds like I'm offering a good deal.  Tell your west coast friends!  : )