Author Topic: Item is no longer for sale--Russell Day Long Seat/ C14  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Buzzard2026

• 2013' Kawasaki Concours 14 AKA F16
Item is no longer for sale--Russell Day Long Seat/ C14
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:31:22 AM »
Item is no longer for sale.
Buzz
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:05:29 PM by Buzzard2026 »
Buzz

Offline Conniesaki

Re: Russell Day Long Seat/ C14
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:51:22 PM »
I assume this is yours?

www.ebay.com/itm/201412256433

Offline Buzzard2026

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:58:27 AM »
I assume this is yours?

www.ebay.com/itm/201412256433
[Yes sir, that is my seat for sure.]
Buzz

Offline Slvrvalk1

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
What was the size (height) and weight for the original owner of the seat?  They are custom made.  Since you bought a Sargent low seat, I am assuming that the Russell was too high for you.  How does it compare to a stock seat in how high the rider sits.

Thanks.

Dave

Offline Buzzard2026

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »
What was the size (height) and weight for the original owner of the seat?  They are custom made.  Since you bought a Sargent low seat, I am assuming that the Russell was too high for you.  How does it compare to a stock seat in how high the rider sits.

Thanks.

Dave
[Hi Dave, the original owner was 5' 9" and 190.  I am 5' 9" and 185, so I thought I would like the seat.  I love the seat, however, I didn't like how I was leaned over more than a lower seat would have you sit.  If you can imagine, a higher seat will lean you over further and then put more pressure on your wrists.  Now, I could have bought the Heli bar Horizon ST bars, but I didn't want to spend $695 plus shipping and tax right now.  Maybe another day...I can tell you that the Russell Day long coupled with the Heli bar Horizon ST bars is a popular fit from what I've read on forums.  I just wasn't ready to commit to another expense right now.  I would say the height of the Russell is higher than the stock, by a bit.  I don't have reference with a stock seat to give you exact numbers.  Lastly, the Russell is a very comfortable seat.  I did a few 200+ rides and didn't feel one bit of pain in my rear. 

I hopes this helps.

Thanks for looking,
Buzz]
Buzz

Offline Jimmy Patriot

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 03:47:17 PM »
Hi guys.... I'm the original owner of this seat.  Sorry it didn't work for you either Buzz.  He's exactly right on the specs Russell used.  Build date was just in May and I got it back in early June and road it twice.  Between us two, this seat doesn't even have the required break-in miles.  We're the same height, but Buzz is built differently, has much longer legs.  I'm a 31" inseam and was on the end of my toenails at standstill.  Reach to the bars was OK for me.... but one ride stuck in stop and go traffic on I-70 for over an hr really was the limit for me. 

This seat IS ridiculously comfortable just as Buzz states.  I would bet it adds 2.5" to the height over stock, and with 31" inseam on a good day, I would need some Herman Munster shoes to make it work.

I think the price is great for someone this seat fits.  It was all-in, including shipping my stock seat and the Russell back to my doorstep..... over $600.

I've bought the 2015 Kawi touring seat and like it a lot so far.  Better than my Sargent.... which I still have for sale on ebay.... ;D
2009 C-14 ABS

Offline Richard. Wales UK

• 2010 1400 GTR trike.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 12:58:07 PM »
Hi Buzz

Would you be willing to ship it to the UK?

Richard.