Author Topic: 1,000 miles in 24 hours, gotta get a new seat............  (Read 10829 times)

Offline Irish-14

Re: 1,000 miles in 24 hours, gotta get a new seat............
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
I ordered the Seargant, after having one on my VFR-800, immediately returned it. Just doesn't work on the C-14. The Corbin I ordered has been the best aftermarket seat I've ever purchased. It really depends on your weight, I'm 220 and the seat's amazing. Go Irish!

Offline Mighty

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 10:03:20 AM »
I ordered the Seargant, after having one on my VFR-800, immediately returned it. Just doesn't work on the C-14. The Corbin I ordered has been the best aftermarket seat I've ever purchased. It really depends on your weight, I'm 220 and the seat's amazing. Go Irish!
Thank you for posting this.  I was about to pull the trigger on a sargent for $460 shipped from ebay. I'm about 220 also and 6'2"
No Flies, PC V, BMC Air Filter, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber, Deep Tint Windshield, Gen Mar risers
Honda TRX700XX
Yamaha Warrior 1000cc 4 stroke Sled
68 Rag top Vette

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »
Thank you for posting this.  I was about to pull the trigger on a sargent for $460 shipped from ebay. I'm about 220 also and 6'2"

I am 5'7" 160 lbs and the low Sargent works fine for me.  The low Sargent does have less foam, so with a much heavier person, it might not have enough support.  I can't say.  But the standard Sargent has as much foam (and better foam) than the stock seat.  So I wouldn't dismiss the Sargent because it will depend on which model you are talking about....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 08:03:54 PM »
I had a Sargent modular regular height, it was an improvement but not good enough. I tried to modify it myself, and that didn't work so I sent it off to Russel, and I love it....
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 05:34:32 AM »
Here is what I did to My seat. Nobody really makes what I was looking for in a seat. I wanted a flat seat that was comfy, but still allowed movement from side to side if I wanted. So I started from scratch, & sewed a new leather cover, carved all new foam, & built it the way I wanted. Took a couple of tries, & I saved no money over buying one, but it is made to My specs for sure.

2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »
I had a Sargent modular regular height, it was an improvement but not good enough. I tried to modify it myself, and that didn't work so I sent it off to Russel, and I love it....
I'm thinking about going this route as well. I want to keep my Spencer modded seat with HT Moto cover for daily riding, but need something more for traveling. I just hate the thought of buying a seat and then sending it off to have it torn apart and rebuilt.

Offline Irish-14

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 05:47:56 PM »
Lots of guys think the Corbin is hard, but I just think they're not heavy enough to "squish" it down. The Corbin totally removes the annoying forward lean that the stock, and the Seargant have, pushing your junk into the tank. LOVE the Corbin, but it puts you a little farther away from the bars. At 6'2", your arms may be long enough that it wont matter, I had to add the Murph risers, it's now perfection! Go Irish!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »
Lots of guys think the Corbin is hard, but I just think they're not heavy enough to "squish" it down. The Corbin totally removes the annoying forward lean that the stock, and the Seargant have, pushing your junk into the tank. LOVE the Corbin, but it puts you a little farther away from the bars. At 6'2", your arms may be long enough that it wont matter, I had to add the Murph risers, it's now perfection! Go Irish!

Go Irish!! Go Corbin!!  :thumbs:

Offline Mighty

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »
Looks like I can get the two piece corbin new for $489 directly from corbin but I see they have dealers.  Is it better to go direct to corbin or a dealer?
No Flies, PC V, BMC Air Filter, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber, Deep Tint Windshield, Gen Mar risers
Honda TRX700XX
68 Rag top Vette

Offline Irish-14

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 09:36:25 PM »
In the past, whenever I've had to return stuff, the manufacturer says "did you buy it from us? Oh, you didn't, well you'll need to go thru them to return it then." I've decided, if the price gap isn't too big, to buy directly from the manufacturer, to eliminate any problems. I've got a feeling you'll really enjoy it. If you live anywhere that gets cold, I strongly suggest the heated option. I'm in AZ, so I need that like I need a another hole in my head. Good luck, let us know what you think. And remember, if you don't like the Corbin...uh, blame ZG! Go Irish!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 09:46:53 PM »
Looks like I can get the two piece corbin new for $489 directly from corbin but I see they have dealers.  Is it better to go direct to corbin or a dealer?

I get a discount on all parts I buy through my local dealer because I give them so much business with my bikes. I bought my Corbin through my dealer and saved over a $100 vs buying through Corbin direct, I also have a credit line with my dealer so I didn't have to pay until it arrived, which is nice since Corbin takes almost a month to build and deliver your seat...  :thumbs:

Offline Mighty

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »

I get a discount on all parts I buy through my local dealer because I give them so much business with my bikes. I bought my Corbin through my dealer and saved over a $100 vs buying through Corbin direct, I also have a credit line with my dealer so I didn't have to pay until it arrived, which is nice since Corbin takes almost a month to build and deliver your seat...  :thumbs:
I'll give that a shot.  Thanks.
Honda TRX700XX
68 Rag top Vette