The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > The Bike - C10

How to check for bent rods from Hydrolock (SISF)

<< < (2/3) > >>

jacksdad:
Thanks for the reminder! I've not touched the carbs on this bike, think I'll get the MOT test passed, then strip and clean them.
Why can't we have the good old float bowls that overflowed onto the back tyre?  ;)

jacksdad:
Not wishing to Hijack the post, but can anyone help: I've just stripped the fuel tap, and looking carefully at the diaphram part, it has a slot on just one face of the plastic inner piece, like some sort of vent. Does this need to be fitted in a specific place (ie up/down/left/right?)
Didn't pay attention to this, maybe thats why its leaking?

MAN OF BLUES:

--- Quote from: jacksdad on February 22, 2017, 12:06:49 PM ---Not wishing to Hijack the post, but can anyone help: I've just stripped the fuel tap, and looking carefully at the diaphram part, it has a slot on just one face of the plastic inner piece, like some sort of vent. Does this need to be fitted in a specific place (ie up/down/left/right?)
Didn't pay attention to this, maybe thats why its leaking?

--- End quote ---

Yes
It should face down when the insert is assembled...
Its a vent to atmosphere, and also a telltale weep indicator, so if diaphrgm is compromised, you will see it drip from there as an indicator.
If it was leaking from there initially, the oring on the poppet is probably shot, and now the diaphragms are warped from fuel contamination, this should be replaced. When installing the new diaphragm, as directed, prestretch the poppet spring about 1/4" or so, to insure it seals better also.

jacksdad:
Thanks for the help: I've ordered another genuine K diaphram, its just £9.50 delivered, I was going to refit the 'new' one as its done zero hours use: it must have been dripping from the moment I fitted it, but not worth risking! I will stretch the spring as well, I'm sure that is why it leaked in the first place....

jacksdad:
The fuel tap diaphram is fitted with the slot in the plastic spacer pointing backwards, it won't fit pointing down.

I am just waiting for the £1.48 spring as I stupidly reused the old one.....and its leaking  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version