Author Topic: Bluetooth Units  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Rickm

Bluetooth Units
« on: September 14, 2022, 05:07:42 PM »
Looking to buy a bluetooth unit for my helmet for the sole purpose of connecting to my phone.  Would like to listen to music without using a cord, and, would like to be able to answer the phone while riding.  Had a Cardo Scala Rider years ago and it worked great.  I'm thinking that six years later, there surely must be even better stuff out there.  Anyone here use bluetooth?  If so, what, and how do you like it?  I searched the threads but don't see any related discussions, so  forgive me if I missed them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 10:18:19 AM by Rickm »

Offline Rickm

Re: Bluetooth Units
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 05:13:47 PM »
I see I put this in the wrong place.  Moderator, can you move this to accessories please?  Tried to delete it but couldn't.  Sorry about that.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »
I love the Cardo Packtalk Bold so much, I have four of them. They just WORK. I have two units paired to my phone, two units paired to my ol'lady's phone, and all four are intercommed together. To give you an idea on how well they work: When I get a low battery alert (which is a LOT of riding) I turn off my unit, pop the unit off, toss it in my tank bag, pull the charged one out, slap it on my helmet, and power it on. Automatically reconnects with my phone and my ol'lady. I can do all of this one handed without even having to stop to get off the bike. The newest Packtalk Edge is magnetic and would make that process even easier. I stayed with the Bold because I could get two for only $100 more than a single Edge.

I don't hear that well, and the JBL speakers that come with the Packtalk Bold and Edge are GREAT. Noise cancellation in the microphone is nice. Most people have no idea I'm on my motorcycle doing 80 on the freeway. The voice control on the Packtalk Bold is hit and miss in my experience. Better off learning the button controls on the unit. "Hey Siri" still works great.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Rickm

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 06:15:13 PM »
Agreed.  The Cardos are great.  When I had my Scala Rider, people couldn't believe I was on my bike.  I  never had the first complaint about the unit. And yeah, they just work. Started this thread to see if there was something newer and more improved.  I think you steered me in the right direction.  Thanks for the input.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 10:19:31 AM by Rickm »