Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 888045 times)

Offline PolterGeist

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1780 on: December 26, 2015, 09:43:20 AM »
The rears are a LOT easier :)

Yeah, the fronts were a decent effort.. The instructions were adequate but for a newbie like me, pictures would have helped tremendously.. Of course, it seems that pictures have always worked better for me, I must be a visual person...  :censored:
2014 Candy Cardinal Red Connie

sailor_chic

« Reply #1781 on: December 27, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »
Yeah, the fronts were a decent effort.. The instructions were adequate but for a newbie like me, pictures would have helped tremendously.. Of course, it seems that pictures have always worked better for me, I must be a visual person...  :censored

And all these years I've heard men just saying they just get the magazine for the articles... Hmm.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1782 on: December 27, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline tomp

« Reply #1783 on: December 27, 2015, 09:17:39 AM »
And all these years I've heard men just saying they just get the magazine for the articles... Hmm.
If you are referring to the one that was founded in the 50's, the articles will soon be the only reason to read the magazine.   At least that's what I saw on the news recently.   >:(  Not that I ever read such smutty rags.  My story and I'm sticking to it.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline PolterGeist

« Reply #1784 on: December 27, 2015, 10:09:47 AM »
The rears are a LOT easier :)

Got one of the rears on, was kind of bummed to find that the passenger pegs will always be down now. Well I guess that the safety and insurance is more important then the peg folding up, I don't see it getting in the way...

Offline PolterGeist

« Reply #1785 on: December 27, 2015, 10:10:57 AM »

:rotflmao:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1786 on: December 27, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
Got one of the rears on, was kind of bummed to find that the passenger pegs will always be down now. Well I guess that the safety and insurance is more important then the peg folding up, I don't see it getting in the way...
You can get peg lowerers that will let the pegs fold.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1787 on: December 27, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »

....and give a little more room for the passengers feet.

Offline PolterGeist

« Reply #1788 on: December 27, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »
....and give a little more room for the passengers feet.

Thanks to both, I will try it as is and if I hate it then I will get lowered pegs...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1789 on: December 27, 2015, 12:38:02 PM »
Got one of the rears on, was kind of bummed to find that the passenger pegs will always be down now.

Yep.

I just removed mine completely, since I am always 1-up.  Otherwise, they will probably not be in the way (and it is worth it)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1790 on: January 04, 2016, 07:53:04 PM »
Yesterday I changed out the MotoBatt battery for a new one and upped the idle speed...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1791 on: January 05, 2016, 07:52:53 AM »
Yesterday I changed out the MotoBatt battery for a new one and upped the idle speed...

"MotoBatt battery"?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1792 on: January 05, 2016, 07:59:04 AM »
I had a MotoBatt MBTX12U that I had in since about spring of 2010 or so.   It felt a bit slow starting and it was acting funny... (Hmm sound like me at times).  Put another one of the same type in.  Cranked faster with the new one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #1793 on: January 05, 2016, 09:11:37 PM »
Put the new pigtail for the Warm n Safe jacket on the battery. Hope it gets above freezing tomorrow. Go burn some dead dinos and reapply Stabil.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #1794 on: January 09, 2016, 05:25:28 PM »
I was kinda bored today so i installed my USB port that i bought on banggood for $4

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1795 on: January 09, 2016, 05:29:34 PM »
Nice...Wired to the acc leads?

Offline tomp

« Reply #1796 on: January 09, 2016, 05:39:13 PM »
Mid 50's and sunny, so went for a ride.  Such a nice riding bike, even with 20+ MPH winds.  Paid attention to how it ran, and wondered about how Steve's reflash would make it an even better ride.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #1797 on: January 09, 2016, 06:59:22 PM »
Nice...Wired to the acc leads?

Yup same leads my oxford grips are wired to, this doesn't pull much and it has its own inline fuse.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1798 on: January 10, 2016, 12:54:22 AM »
Yup same leads my oxford grips are wired to, this doesn't pull much and it has its own inline fuse.

I like it, looks good and fits perfectly; nice device.... except the blue LED.  Why does every freaking device out there have to have at least one extremely over-bright blue LED on it?  When I turn the lights out at home, it seems like there are dozens of blue LEDs screaming all over the place!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1799 on: January 10, 2016, 07:04:50 AM »
Changed motor and gear oils along with the oil filter and tucked Connie away in the garage for the season.

6 inches of snow yesterday with 8 degrees this morning. No riding for a while.   :(
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn