Author Topic: woops!! rode a C14.  (Read 6948 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: woops!! rode a C14.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
Oh my, if we did that every time a thread got off track, we may as well not show up to post.
The only one mudslinging so far was. ummmm.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 05:53:51 PM »
Oh my, if we did that every time a thread got off track, we may as well not show up to post.
The only one mudslinging so far was. ummmm.

+1

If I thought this was a "hate thread" I'd have not posted in here.  Wow, and its been implied the C14 forum folks have attitudes!  <---again "jokingly" said 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »
this thread really needed no replies to begin with. moderator, if you would delete all unnecessary replies including some of mine, and then lock it, it would really be appreciated. otherwise, it's just turning into mudslinging and waste of space and time. thx :)

I don't think so, concerning the lock, at least for now.  I see no mudslinging and Rick has plenty of 'space' available.  We appreciate your candid review.

I had a 2002 C10 and couldn't wait to get something better.  I bought the C14, unridden, and have not regretted a single minute of riding it and selling my C10 to someone who would take care of it.

I kept the C10 for about 6 months after I bought the C14.  I  kept riding the C10 for awhile but every time I got on it I started wondering.....what's wrong with these brakes.......what's wrong with the suspension....there's no power in this bike....it doesn't corner well any more and on and on and on....

You have quite valid points about the wind protection and so forth but as I ride my C14, they don't bother me that much.

As far as the C14 group being somewhat caustic (not directed at you), I don't think so.  I say it's more of an edginess that some other forums don't have.  We're also an older bunch as well.  We have some young whipper snappers but it adds to a nice mixture of comments/riders.  I like the 'new' blood.  They have some good ideas that we older fa*ts don't consider.  It's a good group that gets out of hand on occasion...but don't we all at times.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »

You have quite valid points about the wind protection and so forth but as I ride my C14, they don't bother me that much.

As far as the C14 group being somewhat caustic (not directed at you), I don't think so.  I say it's more of an edginess that some other forums don't have.  We're also an older bunch as well.  We have some young whipper snappers but it adds to a nice mixture of comments/riders.  I like the 'new' blood.  They have some good ideas that we older fa*ts don't consider.  It's a good group that gets out of hand on occasion...but don't we all at times.

Well said VAJim.  You must not have started on your second martini yet.   ;D

I know, I know...... I'll take my "whipper snapper'' butt back to the corner.

But seriously, you did hit the nail on the head.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »
I don't think so, concerning the lock, at least for now.  I see no mudslinging and Rick has plenty of 'space' available.  We appreciate your candid review.

I had a 2002 C10 and couldn't wait to get something better.  I bought the C14, unridden, and have not regretted a single minute of riding it and selling my C10 to someone who would take care of it.

I kept the C10 for about 6 months after I bought the C14.  I  kept riding the C10 for awhile but every time I got on it I started wondering.....what's wrong with these brakes.......what's wrong with the suspension....there's no power in this bike....it doesn't corner well any more and on and on and on....

Us!?   
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »
Are you back? Really? It is like an illness, isn't it?

For those of you interested, go back to this place and review who 'this guy' is: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2834.msg34990#msg34990

Now of course if "RiderRich" is a real person, a separate entity from that other guy, by all means send me a private mail and I will happily retract this message. Otherwise you are making yourself look extremely immature in grinding your axe under a different name....

To everyone else: you are arguing with a troll.

Brian

Thanks for the review. I was going to upgrade to the Concours14. But reading about a few things on the Concours14 forum did make me worry about trouble later on, as the Concours14 ages. I also discovered that the people on the Concours14 forum have some bullies who make nasty comments, assumptions and accusations about you if you ask question the bike about some of the systems. I determined that most of the Concours14 crowd wasn't for me. I never did try the big Concours. But that may be better. Not being a power monger, the 05 does fine. If you have trouble with it. Most of the time you can make repairs and get on your way. Plus the people on this forum do not seem to be such bullies, like on the Concours14 forum.  I've always felt comfortable here. Just like the older motorcycle. The older forum crowd also seems much more user friendly.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 10:52:55 PM »