Author Topic: Kawasaki Touring Seat  (Read 40241 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Kawasaki Touring Seat
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »
I agree with how irritating the sloping forward is.  I have short legs and had to use a Sargent World Low seat.  There is little padding.  The issue is that the pan on all these seats is the same- designed with a forward slope.  So the Sargent is the same (at least the low version is).  You can correct that, but only by adding more padding on the FRONT to make it more flat/neutral.  In my case, I can't add ANY foam because it would add height.  So I am kinda stuck.  Thankfully, most of my rides are under 2 hours.  This weekend when it was almost 3, I was quite ready to be far away from that seat for days.

Sloping forward causes your tissues to be under stress, just a simple fact.  Seems especially true for me on the undersides of my legs, where they sit on the seat (more so than my butt).  One thing that can help is if you have some forward pegs, because then there is some natural push-back to the body position.  I keep forgetting I have those pegs and could have used them this weekend.  Duh.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc