Author Topic: Extended Warranty Question--Confused where'd the old site go???  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
Guys,
I was a new guy on the other site that seems to have just vanished.  I know there was a thread in regard to a GTPP 36 month for around $339 (I think).  I very confused as to what this covers and whether or not you guy recommend it, my dealer wants $495. 

I could really use some help, loosing the threads on the other sight has put me at a real disadvantage. HELP!!!!

Confused.

Boone

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Extended Warranty Question--Confused where'd the old site go???
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
It was a dealer that the $339 deal was being run through.  I believe ManOfBlues was the one who set it up.  Send him a PM and maybe he has the info to pass on to you.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Corpssgt

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:17:04 PM »
Tell your dealer you'll give him 350 for it or go on the Internet to get it. He makes a little and you get a good deal. If they won't do it find a better dealer.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »
Yep, it was a dealer in Virginia who was selling the extended warranty for that price as I remember too. It was Rich (Man of Blues) who set it up; he will probably be along shortly to re- post the contact info.

The old site apparently went to digital heaven. Too bad too because there was a lot of info. there. There was a lot of trash there too but for those who wanted to poke around a bit, there was a huge amount of useful information about the C-14. Probably about the C-10 also but I didn't spend much time there as I never owned one. A lot of the recent posters to the old site will probably show up here and contribute but there was a lot of info. from users who had stopped posting a long time ago and that information will simply be lost if Rick can't restore it here.

Brian

Guys,
I was a new guy on the other site that seems to have just vanished.  I know there was a thread in regard to a GTPP 36 month for around $339 (I think).  I very confused as to what this covers and whether or not you guy recommend it, my dealer wants $495. 

I could really use some help, loosing the threads on the other sight has put me at a real disadvantage. HELP!!!!

Confused.

Boone
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
If you have one of the few Kawa dealers that really delivers customer service, forget about the extended warranty. I bought mine out of fear the bike is going to have problems. So far, the biggest problem is the warranty items just get ignored--I had my bike in the dealers shop half of last summer and they eventually refused to do anything--and now I have waited for 6 weeks for a tire pressure sensor with no date/no estimate of when it will be in.
2008 C-14

Offline Supatramp

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
I just did it a couple of weeks ago.

804 330 4800, ask for "sales"

Email to:    sales(at)UltimateCycle(dot)NET 
 remove the (at) and (dot), and do symbols.....

Registered Name:
Address:             
City:                   
State:                 
Zip code:             
Phone:               
Year:    , make:    , model:    , color:
VIN#:
Current mileage:

$339.00
***Credit card type -
***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:
***Sec Code on back of card (front for Amex): 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 04:26:59 AM »
Guys,

Confused.

Boone

How did you accomplish that, vanishing I mean?  There was a thread that did indeed talk about the GTPP and excellent pricing from a dealer in Richmond.  Contact was Pete, from what I recall.  I think it disappeared, as did everything else, a few days ago when we experienced technical difficulties.  I've asked Rich to recreate that information if possible, though I think the gist of it is here.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Bob

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 04:50:41 AM »
Send Man of Blues a PM. It was his dealer that gave the deals. So he would have the info!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 04:54:04 AM »
Supatramp is correct in the details.  Pete was the salesman's name.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Static

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 12:50:34 PM »
Was this for an additional 3 years? Anyone remember? Thanks

Offline dean77

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »
Yes it is!  Just bought it myself a few weeks ago.
Dean
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver!

Offline Static

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »
Thanks!  I've been in touch today and they've already responded. I'll be grabbibg this myself also.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »
that's wierd....I know I re-posted the thread about extended warranty on the site rebuild, did someone ditch it again???
hey jim, what's up??????

I'll do another one.... ::)

here:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5073.0

seems a lot of the sticky's dissapeared....what gives? ??? ???

edit:
oh, i see now.....moving forward (backward) through modern technology.... ::)
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 09:47:17 PM »
Man of Blues - Thanks for your perseverance.  Eventually this forum will be as nuts as the "old" one was. 
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 10:23:36 AM »
It's been moved to the C14 Wiki FAQ....

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0