Author Topic: New Milestone  (Read 1377 times)

Offline DarrellB

• Arena
  • If your going to ride. Ride. Forget the trailer
New Milestone
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »
I just this week turned the odometer over the 75,000 mile  mark. It is amazing how many miles you can put on something when you commute 114 miles a day five days a week. There will be no winter storage for this girl, she is my only mode of transportation until my father in law gets my daughters car back together and I get mine back from her. These bikes are work horses. Since March of this year she has been through 25 dergree  4:30 mornings to 115 degree afternoon without a hint of trouble. I can't believe it is time for new rubber already. No one could tell me there is a tougher bike out there for the cost.
02 Connie with 06 Skin

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: New Milestone
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »
I'm almost (less than 500 miles to go!) at 50k on my 2006.  Gotta get those miles run up for my 50k sticker before the winter sets in up here in NY. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Re: New Milestone
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »
I just this week turned the odometer over the 75,000 mile  mark. It is amazing how many miles you can put on something when you commute 114 miles a day five days a week. There will be no winter storage for this girl, she is my only mode of transportation until my father in law gets my daughters car back together and I get mine back from her. These bikes are work horses. Since March of this year she has been through 25 dergree  4:30 mornings to 115 degree afternoon without a hint of trouble. I can't believe it is time for new rubber already. No one could tell me there is a tougher bike out there for the cost.

Yeah, that's why my Toyota truck has 358,000 miles after ten years of commuting 136 round trip everyday.  Don't do that anymore, so the Connie is only at 59,000.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.