Author Topic: Turn signal reminder?  (Read 4067 times)

Offline jim-d

• Arena
Turn signal reminder?
« on: July 06, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »
Has anyone put an audio reminder on the turn signals?  Like a beeper to remind you to cancel the signal?

I need one.

If so can you source a beeper and wiring diagram?

Any ideas appreciated.

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:37:19 PM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:29:47 PM by knight_mare »

Offline sherob

• Arena
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: Turn signal reminder?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
A friend of mine sells a kit that waits approximately 60 seconds before it starts beeping.  That way you don't have the annoying beep until you've actually forgotten about your turn signal.  He makes them for the 79-83 Honda F bikes, but with a few connector changes, they'd probably work on a C10.

http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=75040
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline jim-d

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:04:38 AM »
Many thanks for the great responses.  Looks like a good evening project & I can make it even easier with posi taps.

Jon, tried that link, needed a log in.  If you can get an address and/or price I'd like to take a look at that.

Thanks all
JD

Offline ARS

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
I had a Yamaha years back that timed out if you forgot. Nice feature. . .I forget mine is on too often.

Offline jim-d

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »
Started on this DIY recipe, got the beeper but radio shack doesn't carry this rectifier anymore.  Feel bad for RS, stock under a dollar.  Just a matter of time now.

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 09:48:04 AM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:29:51 PM by knight_mare »

Offline Leo

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 07:46:02 AM »
Jim, While it will certainly work, you do not need a bridge rectifier for your application.  Two of any silicon diode that is rated for at least the load of your beeper will work. Say your buzzer needs 250ma,  (1/4 amp)  A # 1N4007 replacement will work for anything up to one amp so it will be plenty.  Extra current capability is no issue, so  3 or 5 amp rated diodes will work fine also.  It is pretty hard to find a silicon diode rated for less than 50 vdc so you do not have to worry about serving a 12 volt system.  the auto parts store can also be a source.   The "trio diode" for any 1970's to 1990's GM alternator will wok also.   (not to be confused with the "rectifier pack")   The side that has one leg hook up to the beeper,  the side that has three legs hook one turn signal power lead to one of them, hook the other turnsignal lead to another leg, and tape off the third.  the Anode/cathode polarity is already worked out for you. 

To simply use two silicon diodes, connect the end with the stripe (cathode) of both diodes to the same terminal on you beeper.  The other terminal of your beeper goes to ground.  Connect the anode (no stripe)  of one diode to the left front turn signal power and the anode of the other to the right front turn signal power.  Any time a signal light is lit, your beeper will chirp.  Good Luck
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »
Yup, my wife usually rides behind me and we have intercoms. Foolproof!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190