Author Topic: 2010 Concours 14 ABS  (Read 3132 times)

Offline justbob

• crashin' sucks
2010 Concours 14 ABS
« on: November 27, 2011, 06:21:20 AM »
This is a beautiful garage kept bike that needs nothing and is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. It is the ABS/traction control model. I purchased it March of 2010 and it is in warranty until March of 2013. It has never been dropped, wrecked or abused and never had any problems. Oil and filter changes and final drive oil changes are documented. Rear tire is new, front tire has less than 1000 miles on it.
Currently has 24,930 miles.
I used it  for touring and it should have most everything on it that anyone would want.
I picked up my new bike recently and now have it ready to tour so this one needs to go.
Accessory list:

Rostra electronic cruise control
Sargent seat
Carbon fiber inner fender
CeeBailey windshield
LED mirror turn signals
LED flashing brake light
2" bar risers
front fender extender
Speedometer calibrator
Amplirider audio integrator
Reservoir covers w/Ram balls
Phils rack w/Givi mounts
HID headlight conversion
Leo Vince Titanium slip-on
Mirror Wind deflectors
battery tender plug-in

Louisville, Kentucky

I've priced it about $400 under blue book and thats without adding any money for the long list of farkles.

$11,000     

BM1327@aol.com

2010 C-14
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

Offline justbob

• crashin' sucks
Re: 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:19:23 AM »
Ok, I've only had a couple of emails and none from anyone seriously interested.
So what is it, bad time of year, bad economy, my asking price unrealistic or ?
I'm open to suggestions.
2010 C-14
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 08:29:10 AM »
Since you asked:

This isn't the time of year to get top dollar for bikes, but your farkle list should help a little IMO.  Also most guys that are looking to spend that much money on a C14 are wanting one with less miles.  You might be better off selling the farkles separately and drop the asking price on your stock bike.   Just my two cents.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 08:31:51 AM »
Ok, I've only had a couple of emails and none from anyone seriously interested.
So what is it, bad time of year, bad economy, my asking price unrealistic or ?
I'm open to suggestions.
Probably all of the above.
Check the other bikes for sale in your area and compare them to what your asking. Not saying it isn't worth it, but you have to compete with whats out there for sale now, and the market is low. Might have a better chance of getting your price in March or April. Good luck with the sale, it only takes 1 person to see it.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »
Impressive list of farkles!! Bet it was a joy to ride. I'm guessing it's just the wrong time of year for someone to lay out that much money for something that may be sitting in the garage for the next few months. Good luck.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
I would personally drop the price to your minimum, say $9900, and sell the parts separately.  You will not get your money back on farkles.   The exhaust, seat, and windshield alone would probably allow you to drop the bike to 10,000 and still make money on the farkles.  I know it sounds stupid but that's just the way the game is played for some reason.  Also post PICTURES, you know they are worth a thousand words.  Sounds like a great deal.

Offline timbo

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:41:38 PM »
I agree, put the stock parts back on and lower the price. Then sell all the farkles. I learned my lesson on my last bike. I sold all the stock parts and lost money big time. You don't get anything for the farkles. On this bike I'm keeping all the stock parts to put back on. GLWS

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
December is typically the best time to buy a bike for the lowest price, that said that also means it's the worste time to try and sell for full value...

Best of luck to ya bro!  :chugbeer:

Offline booger

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
It's tough selling a vehicle at Christmas time.

In fact, I've always had troubles from Dec through March.  First quarter of the year people are worried about taking care of their taxes.

Offline justbob

• crashin' sucks
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 04:45:14 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. I'm in no hurry to sell but I thought I would go ahead and list it to see if that "one" potential buyer was lurking out there. 
I'll wait til spring.
Thanks again.
2010 C-14
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere