Author Topic: 08-14 Concours 14 Saddlemen RS seat for a great price  (Read 4631 times)

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
08-14 Concours 14 Saddlemen RS seat for a great price
« on: October 09, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »
I just picked up a Saddlemen RS seat for my 08 Connie & am looking to sell it for $325 shipped. My butt & my weight is not enough to keep the foam pressed down so I keep sliding forward. PM me or email at adam khan at verizon dot net. Thanks 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:37:39 PM by speedracersworld »
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline Rixtrix

Re: 08-14 Concours 14 Saddlemen RS seats on Revzilla for a great price
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »
Nice price ! Please keep us posted on how you like it. Was looking for a Sargent myself but that could change my mind !

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:16 AM »
I suspect these will sell out quickly.
If you want 1, don't wait!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline zxjack

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »
I had ordered one of these and returned it.  Revzilla only charged like $8.00 for return shipping.  They are really easy to deal with!  I really liked the looks of the seat, but I placed it gently on the bike and sat on it and I still felt like I was trying to slide forward.  The wife liked the passenger section.  I did not take a ride with it on as the Revzilla customer rep asked that I not if I might return it so it would be in like new condition for them to resell.   I hope it works for everyone.  Good luck
Jack

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 09:04:06 PM »
I had ordered one of these and returned it.  Revzilla only charged like $8.00 for return shipping.  They are really easy to deal with!  I really liked the looks of the seat, but I placed it gently on the bike and sat on it and I still felt like I was trying to slide forward.  The wife liked the passenger section.  I did not take a ride with it on as the Revzilla customer rep asked that I not if I might return it so it would be in like new condition for them to resell.   I hope it works for everyone.  Good luck
Jack

I'm experiencing the same problem with sliding forward. The passenger pad looks very plush and my son said it was comfortable. I've tried 4 different besides the stock (Bagster, Russell, Sargent & the Saddlemen RS) seats and liked the Bagster the best but sold it a bit too quickly early. I have a Sargent also but it's not padded enough, especially the passenger pad, so I'll add some gel insets and memory foam to the whole seat. I like the shape, position & looks of the Sargent the best so far and the comfort can be improved on so I'll stick with it. I'll be returning the Saddlemen RS for a refund or credit unless someone here wants it.
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »
General question for custom saddles - do any of those mentioned (Bagster, Saddleman, Sargent, et. al.) specifically lower the height, even a little? I could really use a half inch or better, if any of these saddles will do it...
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Slvrvalk1

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 11:23:15 AM »
Sargent makes a "low" model for the C-14, but I do not recommend getting one.  While it lowers you, it comes at the price of comfort.  It feels like you are sitting on a seat with no padding.  Just my experience. I was able to sell mine on this forum.

I now have the Kawasaki touring saddle.  It is more comfortable than the stock seat, but it is not lower than stock.

Dave

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 07:46:41 AM »
General question for custom saddles - do any of those mentioned (Bagster, Saddleman, Sargent, et. al.) specifically lower the height, even a little? I could really use a half inch or better, if any of these saddles will do it...

Any of the Custom saddles (built for you) can be ordered with a lower seating position.
Mine (Baldwin) is lowered and narrowed in the front.
I think a good local saddle shop can even lower the stocker.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 03:29:34 PM »

The Bagster I had on my bike was really nice. I regret getting rid of it!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »
I'm experiencing the same problem with sliding forward. The passenger pad looks very plush and my son said it was comfortable. I've tried 4 different besides the stock (Bagster, Russell, Sargent & the Saddlemen RS) seats and liked the Bagster the best but sold it a bit too quickly early. I have a Sargent also but it's not padded enough, especially the passenger pad, so I'll add some gel insets and memory foam to the whole seat. I like the shape, position & looks of the Sargent the best so far and the comfort can be improved on so I'll stick with it. I'll be returning the Saddlemen RS for a refund or credit unless someone here wants it.

I figure out my problem with my Saddlemen RS seat; I just don't have enough ass and weight so I slide forward. I weigh 180 lbs and this seat I believe would work good for a 200+ lb rider. If anyone wants this one, I'll sell it for $325 Shipped. LMK. Thanks.

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 04:53:14 AM »
I figure out my problem with my Saddlemen RS seat; I just don't have enough ass and weight so I slide forward. I weigh 180 lbs and this seat I believe would work good for a 200+ lb rider. If anyone wants this one, I'll sell it for $325 Shipped. LMK. Thanks.

PM sent.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90