Author Topic: DIY GoPro Hero 3 mount.  (Read 23497 times)

Offline MGvaleri

Re: DIY GoPro Hero 3 mount.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 01:29:54 AM »
Un'idea resa perfetta,2"manifattura fatta per il sostegno della Gopro HD motorizzata.

http://youtu.be/EJYFfdH45nk

La prova su strada della 2"manifattura fatta la farò tempo meteorologico permettendo.
Con detta impostazione con la 2" manifattura fatta agli antipodi avevo già fatto un video, ma  l'immagini erano un po traballanti,sempre questo in certe circostanze di strada disconnessa!,ma perfezionando il manufatto nell'eliminazione dei giochi fra i componenti l'ho reso immune da traballamenti dell'immagine  su strada dissestata,questa certezza è data per come ora ho assemblato il manufatto,vedere per credere.

MGvalerio. ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:01:19 AM by MGvaleri »
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 11:09:10 PM »
MG,

I had read somewhere that in some circumstances, the gopro images or video can be shaky due to too much light. This forces the shutter speed way up which shows up as a wobbly image (remember, no mechanical shutter, it records pixel by pixel, line by line) or jumpy video. Conversely, if theres not enough light, the shutter speed is slower, thus inducing blur.

I can go into more detail if you want, but id rather not type that all up on my phone, nor while im trying to fall asleep lol. (Photography is my living)
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 02:34:33 AM »
MG,

I had read somewhere that in some circumstances, the gopro images or video can be shaky due to too much light. This forces the shutter speed way up which shows up as a wobbly image (remember, no mechanical shutter, it records pixel by pixel, line by line) or jumpy video. Conversely, if theres not enough light, the shutter speed is slower, thus inducing blur.

I can go into more detail if you want, but id rather not type that all up on my phone, nor while im trying to fall asleep lol. (Photography is my living)

Thanks for the information on how to react in the GoPro HD video recording in such predicaments.
I like to see me in the video with my Kawasaki GTR 400, but photography is a nullity.

MGvalerio. ;)

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 07:03:19 AM »
I just take a screenshot of the video usually, as it's only for internet purposes. :)
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 10:12:45 AM »
Not splendid day for shooting video,to you the result with the new motorized stand.

http://youtu.be/UYhT05ng5PU
MGvalerio. :D

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:04:55 AM by MGvaleri »

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 05:02:07 PM »
Me Likey!  :goodpost:
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 05:53:36 AM »
Hey Stephen, any feedback on how your GoPro mount is holding up? Anything you would have done differently?
Also, a tip of the helmet to MGValeri and his quirky tinkering.   :'(
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 07:58:36 AM »
Hey Stephen, any feedback on how your GoPro mount is holding up? Anything you would have done differently?
Also, a tip of the helmet to MGValeri and his quirky tinkering.   :'(

GP Mount is holding up Great!! Only issue I've had so far is I didn't trim enough of the plastic where it comes out, so there was some slight rubbing in a couple spots that rubbed through the paint and there's a couple rust spots... Eventually I'll sand and re-paint that part, but I'm not that concerned about it.  It serves it's purpose quite well! 
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »
A word to the wise:  If the GoPro is mounted somewhere out of sight on the bike, dummy cord it.  Or else, you end up looking like a dummy.  Had my Hero 3 Black mounted on one of the adhesive mounts just above and between the headlights.  Didn't have the little white rubber plug installed, and didn't have the mount otherwise dummy-corded.  Arrived at work and the camera wasn't there.   >:(  yeah, that was a $400 'oops'.  Of course if the camera is mounted where you can see it, at least you can limit your search to something more specific than the 'somewhere in the 17 miles between the house and the office'...

On the upside, I had a legit reason to upgrade to the Hero 3+ Black.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 12:05:37 AM »
A word to the wise:  If the GoPro is mounted somewhere out of sight on the bike, dummy cord it.  Or else, you end up looking like a dummy.  Had my Hero 3 Black mounted on one of the adhesive mounts just above and between the headlights.  Didn't have the little white rubber plug installed, and didn't have the mount otherwise dummy-corded.  Arrived at work and the camera wasn't there.   >:(  yeah, that was a $400 'oops'.  Of course if the camera is mounted where you can see it, at least you can limit your search to something more specific than the 'somewhere in the 17 miles between the house and the office'...

On the upside, I had a legit reason to upgrade to the Hero 3+ Black.

Ouch! :(   That was one of my stipulations for wanting it where i could reach it... I can see if its loose and fix it right away. (And i do have to sometimes... I think billet pieces are on my get-list).  Currently working on coming up with a couple different ways of mounting it tho for the longer rides, to get a different angle.
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 10:18:09 AM »
Always tether mine using the kit they sell. So far, using the suction cup mount, I've never had an issue. By saying that, I've just guaranteed it'll fall off next time I use it, hopefully the tether will work.

http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/camera-tethers

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
I teathered mine when I was using their mounts too. Since this mount tho, I feel no need to. Its in my plain sight, and I check it every so often when im riding. (The camera sometimes tilts with the wind force... Plastic gopro mount issue tho, not my mount issue.)
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline SpazOnaConcours

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
...this is a neat mount I made for filming some ZX10R fun. Granted, that's a dinosaur GoPro original camera, so the sound is a little bit on the awful side. I can start/stop it on the move, but I imagine a short person would not be able to.

Still, it has absolutely killer sensetion of speed and lean angles; it looks like it's flat on the ground in left handers. :)

First pull 4th gear 7psi

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 02:35:24 PM »
Ive thought about rigging something up down there too.  Well done!
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline SpazOnaConcours

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
It's pretty easy to make the mount, and it's really secure (I've had it up to about 180mph so far and not a bit of movement).

You take a piece of 1" aluminum stock and turn a 45 degree or so angle on it, face/grind the point flat, and thread that face for 1/4"-20.... cut two slots for the case in the other end of the stock for the GoPro case to sit in, then drill/thread a hole through that end (M5-.8 is what my GoPro stuff uses). I used about 10 inches of 1/4"-20 allthread to run through the axle, and then turned another 45 degree  tapered piece of aluminum with a 1/4" hold drilled through it for the other side and just tightened it down with nylon lock nut.... it's so strong/secure that I can stand on it, and it's easy to clock up and down that way. :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:01:42 PM by SpazOnaConcours »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »
...this is a neat mount I made for filming some ZX10R fun. Granted, that's a dinosaur GoPro original camera, so the sound is a little bit on the awful side. I can start/stop it on the move, but I imagine a short person would not be able to.

Still, it has absolutely killer sensation of speed and lean angles; it looks like it's flat on the ground in left handers. :)

Damn Spaz, you must have a wingspan to reach that.

Offline SpazOnaConcours

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 06:58:33 PM »
Eh, about 6'1", give or take a missing disc. The ZX has a much closer seat-to-axle distance than the C14, that's for sure though. With the advent of the new GoPro remotes, though, I wouldn't worry about getting to it on the move anymore. :)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 06:55:10 AM »
The axle-mounted video may be even more interesting if you are tailing a skilled bike rider. As it stands, I find myself counting the tar snakes.... ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 06:59:29 AM »
You count fast.

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 09:06:18 PM »
Another one i want to do is off of the saddlebag guard, up and out a bit to get a vid including myself. Similar to MGVs spot, but a bit farther out looking in. Shouldnt be too hard.
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD