Concours 1400 (C14) FAQ > "Farkles"

Sena SMH-10 Headset upgrade

(1/18) > >>

Y0ssarian:
   If you have a Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth headset you might be interested in this. The original SMH-10's had a round charging port/jack, weren't firmware-upgradeable and could only link to 4 other Bluetooth devices. The newer SMH-10's have a micro-USB connection for charging & firmware updates, and can (theoretically, at least) link to an unlimited number of Bluetooth devices. If you have the older model, Sena has an upgrade available until August 31 for $49. The upgrade kit consists of a new main unit, micro-USB type cigarette charger and micro-USB cable. There are 2 ways to do the upgrade:

1. Order the upgrade kit and send them your unit; when they get it they'll ship out the upgrade kit
2. Order the upgrade kit and let them put a hold on $100 from your plastic-money; when you get the new one, ship your old one to them and they'll release the $100 when they get it.

The ordering page for the upgrade kit is here. I just ordered mine; I'll update this thread when I get the new one.

VirginiaJim:
Gee Willikers!  Thanks!   :goodpost:

Just ordered two kits....

Tactical_Mik:
I'll have to remember to do this in three weeks after I get back from my 10 day excursion.

simply40:
Thanks for the info.

Boonedawg:
Got mine today! firmware upgradeable....so far I like them.  We'll see tomorrow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version