Author Topic: Oil prices - HOLY SMOKES  (Read 1439 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Oil prices - HOLY SMOKES
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »
It has been a few months since I last bought oil. I went in today to get some Berryman and MMO. While there I checked out the prices on oil. Man, they were all expensive. Virtually $10 per quart for all of them. That is about twice what it was last time I bought it. This was at Pep Boys.

Offline Conrad

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Leo

Re: Oil prices - HOLY SMOKES
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 06:03:40 AM »
While not a place I would think of first, Menards, the Lumber/hardware/home repair people have Marvel Oil.  A couple times a year they have the pint sized bottles on sale for $2.50 with a $2 rebate.  I think the last rebate was limited to 4. (of course that is four for you and 4 for your friend ;)).  Since I have a home, I will always be able to use the store rebate coupon.  I figure I am getting Marvel Oil for $2.00 per quart.

The also stock the # 6012 oil filters.  I believe last time I got them they were on sale for $3. 

call me cheap, but I actually like the title "thrifty"
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline Stasch

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »
as well as 'efficient allocator of financial resources'
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:23:35 PM »
Here's a couple of Pep Boys coupons.

http://www.pepboys.com/coupon_10off50-25off100_holidaylp_n?CID=PPC_Google_Brand&OVMTC=Exact&site=&creative=13216147160&OVKEY=pep%20boys%20coupon&url_id=137687763&adpos=1t1&gclid=CLvx1ZSql7QCFUZgMgod-CUAMA

http://www.pepboys.com/sale_specials/coupons/2999_mobil1_diy_dynOilChnge_dec2012_cp/

http://www.pepboys.com/sale_specials/coupons/

When I was checking out I mentioned the price of oil and the guy pointed out the price for 5 qts. of oil and a filter. Not too bad that way. I am going to take a look at WalMart this weekend. I need to get oil and a filter for the truck. Next paycheck I will get oil for the bike. I already have the filters for it.

I should add that I want to wait on changing oil as I have added the Berryman in high dose to my gas and want to use up the gas first and then change oil. Then I am going to add some MMO.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:33:46 AM by timsatx »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:54:14 AM »
That's what I do at Advance...get the specials.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.