Author Topic: MOTUS pricing announced  (Read 4372 times)

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
MOTUS pricing announced
« on: March 16, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/554/12527/Motorcycle-Article/Motus-at-Daytona-with-2012-Production-Plans.aspx

I know a number of us have been following this for a while, but it looks like they are coming on line.  Premium pricing - $31k for the base, and $37k for the upscale model.  I wish them well, but it's a bit to rich for my pocket at this time.

Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: MOTUS pricing announced
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »
That is so unfortunate, the company won't be around for long at those prices. ::) Why is it that American bikes have to be so damn expensive, especially when they are not superior to the competition? Confederate Motorcycles are still around however, I see this heading in the same direction.

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Gsun

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Wow! I actually agree with Pokey! :o

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
Well Jay Leno will buy one (or two).  A K16 will push $25-30k pretty hard, so they may pull a few of those away.  CVO's run in the 30's, so some of the American-only part of the HD crowd may cross over.  The EBR's are $40k, and some of the Italian exotics go for a tidy sum.  The Robb Report crowd will pick up a few.

Also, if the engine alone is semi-affordable, they should pick up some revenue there.

Who knows if that will be enough to keep them in business for a while.  If they can get production/sales to where they can sell them profitably for about $10k less, they may just pull it off.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline soyjim

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »
Its expensive!  I like the look. My first thought was that it resembled a C 14. Modern sport tourer. Mostly bags and general shape. In reflecting about the bike I like being able to see the engine, puts the motor in motorcycle. I guess when compared to a Corvette the price is not bad.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 02:00:27 PM »
Very cool bike. I wish them well. But unfortunately there are a number of Japanese bikes that will deliver similar or better performance, probably better reliability at half the price.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »
Comes from the factory with PR3's mounted?  :o   Nice touch!  8)

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 08:18:53 AM »
Why is it that American bikes have to be so damn expensive, especially when they are not superior to the competition?
VOLUME!

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »

Interesting-nice looking bike, decent specs, and heated seats and grips an option for 36k before taxes ++........I'm sorry but if you are competing with the big (buck) boys you gotta bring it-they are keenly aware of this stuff or lack of it. Tourers anyhow..the H-D based guys will spend  big bucks on looks.

Mike

Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Boulder Ed

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 07:52:04 AM »
Volume and component sourcing.  BMW GS650's engines  (maybe more) are made in China now if not mistaken, and they are cheaper than ones made elsewhere a few years ago despite inflation.   My guess is they are also sourcing the 1000 sportbike components offshore to keep them priced competitively.  I was in Shenzhen a year ago and saw first hand how the deal works, sourcing molds for medical injection molding.  Kind of like watching a beehive or anthill in action.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 08:14:28 AM »
I love the bike and it should be priced at about $20,000 to keep it realistic. All of us would atleast want to see it up close. With a price like it has, the magazine is close enough for me.
Joel from Maine.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
Comes from the factory with PR3's mounted?  :o   Nice touch!  8)

Yes indeed!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine