Author Topic: I can't wait to smoke one of these with my KiPass pow-ah  (Read 5274 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: I can't wait to smoke one of these with my KiPass pow-ah
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »
 :rotflmao: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:31:02 AM »
2013 FJR owners all have limp wrists anyway.  That is why Yamaha installed cruise control.   ;)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline jayke

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:25:42 AM »
You guy's aren't very nice ........I just ordered one ;)

My right wrist works just fine.  Just prefer to relax it when I can.  I have cruise on my C14 too.

Factory cruise on the FJR is a deal changer for the sport touring class.  The C14 will have it a year or two.  I'm impressed with Kawasaki; they do what's needed to be at top of the class.

I have no doubt that the C14 is faster than a FJR.  The FJR shouldn't be that far off though. At least I didn't think so in '07 when I bought the C14.  The C14 is a little smoother, a bit faster, with better stock suspension.

On the street, it's more about talent and bravery at least in the twisties. I have a fond memory of chasing a new ZX14 on my '05 FJR down my favorite twisty road.  With the help of traffic and running the absolute snot out of my FJR I was able to keep up with him pretty well.

I'm sure Steve would smoke me on my C14 too.

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 02:05:18 PM »
Needs a six speed.
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »
Needs a six speed.
I 2nd that notion!  ;D
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 10:35:58 PM »
You guy's aren't very nice ........I just ordered one ;)

My right wrist works just fine.  Just prefer to relax it when I can.  I have cruise on my C14 too.

Factory cruise on the FJR is a deal changer for the sport touring class.  The C14 will have it a year or two.  I'm impressed with Kawasaki; they do what's needed to be at top of the class.

I have no doubt that the C14 is faster than a FJR.  The FJR shouldn't be that far off though. At least I didn't think so in '07 when I bought the C14.  The C14 is a little smoother, a bit faster, with better stock suspension.

On the street, it's more about talent and bravery at least in the twisties. I have a fond memory of chasing a new ZX14 on my '05 FJR down my favorite twisty road.  With the help of traffic and running the absolute snot out of my FJR I was able to keep up with him pretty well.

I'm sure Steve would smoke me on my C14 too.

I dunno if i'd smoke you street or track, and doesn't matter I just like to ride. 

I suspect same rider on both bikes might be faster on the C14.  Seems real obvious in the straights, and also "sorta' seems obvious on the track if first gear is as tall on the new 2013 FJR as it was on the older ones I ride.

But the list of reasons I like the redesigned FJR bike are FAR more than performance, besides God gave us real sportsbikes for the go-fast toys.

In case you don't know me I'm not serious on line, especially when I post a thread like this. Hope you still post here even though you ride a FJR  :D

And I've had BIG fun with Yamaha

This one especially because its been "2-up" on my favorite track - Road Atlanta!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jayke

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 04:44:40 AM »
I’ve been around here for a quite a while. I know you weren’t super serious; your comment was in fun.  So was mine.  The FJR won’t be in until January, February or March so I’ve still got another six months or so on the C14.

I’ll still hang out here after I get the FJR.  Just wanted a change. I plan on buying another C14 in five years or so.  It will have cruise by then too.

I have 40K on my C14 with absolutely no problems. It was time for a new bike, the longer I keep it the less it’s worth.  My local dealer sells Kawasaki and Yamaha.  The FJR will be the fifth new bike I’ve bought from them.  I like having a local dealer; I work too much to go out of town for service.

BTW, I know you would smoke me.  With your track experience you can ride comfortably at a higher pace than me.

My motto when I ride is to ride fast enough to have fun, slow enough to be able to get up tomorrow and do it again.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 05:23:07 AM »
While I don't think that Yamaha pushed any envelope here, I don't think that's a bad thing or a necessary thing.  I'm glad SOMEONE finally stepped up with the cruise control, and I hope it becomes a trend.  Quickly becomes a trend.  :)  It's a terrific bike.  But I'll be sticking with the Concours.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 07:00:49 AM »
While I don't think that Yamaha pushed any envelope here, I don't think that's a bad thing or a necessary thing.  I'm glad SOMEONE finally stepped up with the cruise control, and I hope it becomes a trend.  Quickly becomes a trend.  :)  It's a terrific bike.  But I'll be sticking with the Concours.

+1
The FJR was my dream bike since its launch, even with the 5 gears, but anything beyond a 2nd hand bandit was way out of my pocket. When I finally managed to get my degree and a nice job I saved every penny for 6 years, sold my (very old) bike and got a BMW RT because I've got a great financing scheme.
A year later I couldn't stomach that engine anymore and went out shopping for a sport tourer. Of course I first tried the FJR and loved it, but it was 2008 and the Kawasaki became available and
a) it had one more gear (which I kept missing on the test drive with the Yamaha)
b) the pull of the Kawasaki was clearly better. Plus, build quality of the Yamaha that I tested was below par.
So I went with the Kawasaki, which has made me very happy for the last 3-4 years, but I still have a sweet spot for the Yamaha. If they put that 6th gear, I would be coughing my hard earned very quickly  ;) and, although with tears, saying goodbye to a very goog travel partner.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.