Author Topic: Overpants  (Read 1981 times)

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
Overpants
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:03:14 PM »
I'm looking at these models:
Fieldsheer Mercury 2.0 Pants http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/40/22272/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Mercury-2-0-Pants.aspx
Scorpion Monroe Overpants http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/40/35718/ITEM/Scorpion-Monroe-Overpants.aspx
Firstgear HT Overpants http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/40/32398/ITEM/Firstgear-HT-Overpants.aspx Theses are a little out of my budget but lot's of good reviews.
Scorpion Deuce Pantshttp://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/40/13682/ITEM/Scorpion-Deuce-Pants.aspx Not over pants but would go great with my Scorpion jacket!

Any of you good folks have one of these and have a comment???

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Overpants
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 04:05:38 AM »
I can't comment on the others but I just ordered a pair of the HT's. If they're as good as my Teton jacket I'll be satisfied.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 06:18:53 AM »
Danny,
A long time ago, I did the overpants that were not very good at letting air IN, and my legs and boys paid the price.
I might suggest a pair that are dual type overpants. I have a pair of Fieldshire that I got about 6 yrs ago, they are armoured in the knees and hips. But they are of mesh in the upper thighs and side legs. They also come with a pair of inner liner pants for cold weather riding, this design is perfect for me. Liner in the morning when colder, then just my jeans under the pants when it gets warmer. Just additional info, you know, to make it easier,  ;).
Ride safer all, and ATGATT please.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »
Danny sir, what ever you decide to get try, http://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/search?page=2&query=over+pants and   http://www.compacc.com/Bargains-Specials-Apparel-Motorcycle-Pants in there bargain and close out section.  All in all there the cheapest for the most part, if they have what YOU want.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
I'm on my second pair of Firstgear HT Air Overpants... I really like these... I wear them all 4 seasons, zip in liner for colder months, electric chaps for even colder riding.  You can pick them on sale pretty cheap some times, and they come in the in-seam challenged sizes for peeps like me.  ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »
I'm on my second pair of Firstgear HT Air Overpants... I really like these... I wear them all 4 seasons, zip in liner for colder months, electric chaps for even colder riding.  You can pick them on sale pretty cheap some times, and they come in the in-seam challenged sizes for peeps like me.  ;D
Done deal they were ordered this morning. Long weekend coming up and i'm ready to head out for 4 days of solitude and RIDING my butt off!
Undecided where, but it look like the weather is shaping up nicely.....

Next purchase will be Gortex gloves!

Thanks for the input every one!

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:05:11 PM »
Ok First things first.

Revzilla  ROCKS! Ordered my pants Monday morning at 10 am and they were at my US warehouse yesterday at 10 am!!! Awesome service and great to talk to about products. Another thing I think is great is their YouTube videos.
Anthony shows the products for what they are and explains the products details really well. I've seen other vids from other places and the quality of the video itself make me shut it off.

The product, Firstgear HT Overpants are simply beef. The size is based on your regular pant size. In my case I take 36 and I'm thinking I'm really a 36.5 if you know what I mean. The fit is great with the liner and will be as good when liner is removed and cinched up with the adjusters.

The quality of the materials is top notch as well. the 3/4 zipper makes them easy to put on without boots and a little tougher with. I'll I have to do now is ride the hell out of them this weekend!

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 03:36:10 AM »
Glad you like them so far.  I've been in some pretty good Frog Stranglers with them on, liners and all... stayed dry... but I also wear a 3/4 coat (Oly AST), so no way rain was going to come in from the waist.  ;)
Rob

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
Glad you like them so far.  I've been in some pretty good Frog Stranglers with them on, liners and all... stayed dry... but I also wear a 3/4 coat (Oly AST), so no way rain was going to come in from the waist.  ;)

I bought a Scorpion XDR Commander jacket last week so I'm all set for the wet/cold.

I took the liner out for this mornings ride into work, with only jeans underneath and it was 32F (0C for my fellow Kanucks)
I did find there was a cold spot where the side 3/4 zipper is. I might not have placed the flap properly though.
Knee armor is at the right place while in the riding position as well.

So far so good!

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 11:21:22 AM »
I just noticed you bought the regular HT over pants, not the HT Air over pants, which is what I thought you bought.

I bought and used the regular HT's a few ago riding back from Moonshine in a 350 mile rainstorm... I had my electric chaps under them... let's just say they were less than waterproof, and I was basically steaming the boys for a few hundred miles.  :o  I've since put those pants up in the closet and went back to the HT Air's.  Maybe they redesigned them like the HT Air's and work a bit better now.

Rob