Author Topic: This place is like a morgue!  (Read 8110 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: This place is like a morgue!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »
Yes, and I personally find it hysterical! Yeah, yeah, I know it is destruction of someone's property, it is illegal, it is immoral and it should not be done. And if it was done to me, I might not find it so amusing. And I am not suggesting anyone do this nor am I advocating anyone do this. And finally, I would advocate some pretty extreme means of "personal interference" with whoever was attempting to do this should he / she / they be caught.

Now with all that out of the way, I still find it hysterical! Two times! Imagine the police report- 'Yes officer, I said some no- good  :censored: tipped my  :censored: ing car over and now I cannot get to  :censored: ing work!'    Here is the next question: what is proper etiquette when pulling into a parking space that is behind a car standing up on its end? Do you leave room for someone to roll the car back down, or just assume someone will pick it up with a two truck jib and set it down somewhere else? Too funny!

Brian

New craze, tipping wannabe cars?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 04:00:10 PM »
Hey, it was about time somebody started something! The place was staring to echo....

Brian

See what you started Brian?

Tom Taylor COG#7173
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »
    Here is the next question: what is proper etiquette when pulling into a parking space that is behind a car standing up on its end?

Brian

I belive they take up the same footprint standing on its hind legs are on all fours. ;D
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »
Are you sure this post belongs in this thread? Have you considered the thread about nothing at all?

The voltage you are seeing when the bike is running is because of the alternator and does not mean anything regarding the battery. 14.5 or so is perfectly normal.

If you want to check on the battery, turn the ignition on but do not start the bike and view the battery's voltage on the LCD screen. It should be in the mid- 12 volt range. It should NOT be below 12 volts. If it is below 12.0 volts, it may still start the bike but I would suggest having a load test done or just replacing it with a new one. If it reads 7.X volts before the display winks out like mine did this winter, the battery is 20% beyond shot.

Brian

Battery issue??
2011 C14 purchased new from dealer in 03/2012, current miles 17,300 miles.
Driven daily to work, bike sits 2-4 days max if I'm off work.
Bike sat for 3 days and when I started it,  "Low Battery" displayed for approx 1 second.
Scrolled thru the dash displays, 14.3v displayed on the screen
While the bike was warming up, screen went to 13.9 and back to 14.3
Rode to work, 26 miles, 75-80 mph's, and dash displayed 14.4
Started bike to leave work, "Low Battery" displayed for 1 second.
2 more days rode to work and back home,  no "Low Battery".

Problem solved?  Battery just getting old? Loose connections? Get a new bike?
Any thoughts??  Thanks in advance..

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 04:06:37 PM »
the battery is 20% beyond shot.

Brian

That's 80% before shot. So it's good right?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
Nah, they are longer when down on the wheels.... or all the way over on the roof :-) 

Next hysterical police report: "Yes officer, I did tap that guy's Toyota when I rolled my Smart car back onto its wheels because he parked too  :censored:ing close to me in the first place so it is his  :censored:ing fault anyway!"

:rotflmao:

Brian

I belive they take up the same footprint standing on its hind legs are on all fours. ;D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
Only if you believe in battery reincarnation. If you believe that the souls of dead batteries go off to some afterlife, there is no hope that the battery will come back around to healthy again.

But picking the bike up and smashing it down on the garage floor 4, maybe 5 times might jolt the battery back a little bit..... hey, it works for flashlights, right?

Brian

That's 80% before shot. So it's good right?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
This really is a low traffic forum, we need much more off topic shite to talk about and to share our demented thoughts and opinions. Rules are a bit too tight here at times, so I reckon that is why many keep to themselves.  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 11:51:08 PM »
I bought a new C14 and when I got home it had no oil.  What should I do?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 04:49:47 AM »

First things first, get you an adult beverage.

eeny meeny miny moe

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 04:55:51 AM »
This really is a low traffic forum, we need much more off topic shite to talk about and to share our demented thoughts and opinions. Rules are a bit too tight here at times, so I reckon that is why many keep to themselves.  ;)

A bit too tight?  I'll give you tight when I see you this summer.  You always have the Arena.  Even that's been a bit slow here to date.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 07:00:07 AM »
And here I thought my monthly mewlings concerning my idiot brother-in-law the cop was currently spewing forth was sufficient for forum fodder in keeping with the rousing and crazy attitiude so prevelent here. Seems you guys need more huh? ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 07:37:39 AM »

Add some would be my first thought....

Then post, blog, tweet till the cows come hone....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 10:31:46 AM »
Nah, ride it back to the dealer and have them add oil.

For those of you changing gear oil with tire changes, are you lubing driveshaft splines?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 10:34:19 AM »
I only lube the splines when I change the rear tire.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »
Wheel or driveshaft?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 10:47:59 AM »
Both.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »
Yikes! That is a lot of shaft lubin' there Jim (easy boys!); I lube the splines on the hub at every tire change but only lubed the upper driveshaft one time (the lower driveshaft is lubed with the lube in the final drive). And it ain't gettin' it again while I own the bike. Seriously, the upper splines really are lubed for life as they do not actually move; it is the lower splines that make up any distance change to the rear wheel and as mentioned, they are lubed with the gear grease already in the final drive anyway.

Brian

Both.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 04:24:58 PM »
Not a bad idea to check the joints as well while you're at it, especially in CO.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 09:15:27 PM »
A bit too tight?  I'll give you tight when I see you this summer.  You always have the Arena.  Even that's been a bit slow here to date.

You damn tease!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey