Author Topic: Road Kill!  (Read 2254 times)

Offline mikeb2411

Road Kill!
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:51:32 PM »
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

elp_jc

Re: Road Kill!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »
I follow MotoGP, and that was the best race in a long, long time, if not ever. The seagull seemed to just hit Ianone's head, but it hit the bike first, poking a hole in it, then bouncing on his helmet. If he hadn't tucked, it'd have broken his shield and probably crash. I suggest you folks watch the entire race.

By the way, is there a good sub-forum somewhere where to follow MotoGP? Don't believe there's one here. Thx.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 08:40:51 PM »
The bird never hit his head. It hit the fairing, and bounced to the rider's right. Ianonne instinctively ducked his head, but if he would have hit the bird, you would have known it.

Yes, that was an incredible race!

Offline Stasch

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:50:04 AM »
I may have knocked him out if it hit him in the head.

I've had a redwing blackbird flew into my path at a right angle from the left.  I was doing 70 mph on the freeway.

I ducked but it still hit me in the helmet with a pretty good jolt, made me see a few stars.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 06:38:37 AM »
Same thing happened to me but at a much slower speed.  I definitely felt it and it broke the shield mechanism on the side it hit.  And this was a small bird, Mockingbird sized.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 07:16:07 AM »
They don't need to be very big....   I  had a big dragonfly hit me hard enough to shatter my visor. Felt like it coulda just about knocked me off the bike, but I saw it in enough time to brace myself...

Felt like it weighed a couple pounds...  :o    Not sure I'd wanna find out what a  seagull'd feel like...

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »
They don't need to be very big....   I  had a big dragonfly hit me hard enough to shatter my visor. Felt like it coulda just about knocked me off the bike, but I saw it in enough time to brace myself...

Felt like it weighed a couple pounds...  :o    Not sure I'd wanna find out what a  seagull'd feel like...

Jamie

Yeah, no kidding! I hit a Bee at 80 and it felt like a large rock!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE