The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > Accessories and Modifications - C10

This forum is dead dead dead

(1/2) > >>

Uded2me:
d e a d

mach1charlie:
My old kzp headlight would die going down the road, scary! I would get off the road quick and stop fast. Wiggle fuses and it would come back on. I fixed it by eliminateing the fuse block  ;) now it has fuseable links :)

B.D.F.:
Is this a HID type where the bulb moves back and forth or two bulbs mounted next to each other?

If it is a single bulb, moving type of HID it sounds like the harness is bad. There should be a capacitor in the HID harness to keep the bulb ignited momentarily while you switch the headlight position from high to low (and the other way too).

Brian

--- Quote from: knight_mare on May 13, 2011, 09:36:58 AM ---This is rather unsettling.  I installed a 55w bi-xenon HID headlight last year on my '97.  After a month or two I would switch from high beam to low beam and it would go off for a few seconds (1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi)  then go back on.  It wasn't every time.

I put the stock headlight system back in place and did not have a problem the rest of the summer and fall.

Last weekend I put in a new HID ballast and new HID bulb.  The same thing is happening again.  Things are fine with a standard bulb; the HID system came with a relay and is wired to the battery.  If I had the problem with the OEM setup I'd suspect the hi/low switch on the handlebar.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Should I WD-40 the headlight switch, buy a replacement, ... ?

--- End quote ---

Uded2me:
d e a d

RFH87_Connie:
What brand kit did you buy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version