Author Topic: 08 foam heat fix still available?  (Read 4035 times)

Offline LandRocket

08 foam heat fix still available?
« on: September 22, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
I know this is a beaten horse subject but the 08's are hot.

Where can i find the little eBay foams that help to reduce engine heat? No longer found on eBay or any other place. In addition to this, does engine ice even work?

just looking for some ideals to kick down the 08 heat. I already did homework on this subject and noticed it has not been updated in a while, figured i would just check back in to see if any new events or discoveries have unfolded.

Thanks,

Offline LandRocket

Re: 08 foam heat fix still available?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 11:43:57 AM »
forgot to add:

thoughts on header/pipe wrap? Any one doing it?

Offline Flat-spot

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but after adding the foam blocks and insulating under the fuel tank of my '08, it was still hot. 
The answer was the full AreaP exhaust system (no wrap).  Hot legs went away along with the catalytic converters.  :thumbs:

Offline LandRocket

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 12:35:38 PM »
So does this mean the heat issue is more related to the pipes then it is the engine? the right side is toasty thus backing up the ideal due to pipe location.

If this is the case maybe heat wrap or ceramic's would help out?

Offline LandRocket

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 12:44:55 PM »
Maybe something like this will work as an alternative?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 01:15:14 PM »
 :rotflmao: It couldn't hurt.  Whilst riding leave an inch or so before full down on the shield.  It helps with the air circulation.  Also don't ride with shorts or flip-flops.  Wack the ignition switch every once in awhile to show it who's boss.  And for goodness sake, don't wash it.......................ever.

Send an email to Zteve through the forum and ask if he has any left.  He was selling them on ebay at one point.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline LandRocket

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 01:56:27 PM »
So all this time i have been riding wrong.. here i thought sandals or barefoot and no short was the norm in Florida. I know that underwear is optional.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 02:01:12 PM »
Well, now you know... ;)   Good luck with Zteve.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline LandRocket

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »
will do,

thanks

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 03:50:04 PM »
So all this time i have been riding wrong.. here i thought sandals or barefoot and no short was the norm in Florida. I know that underwear is optional.

Here the look isn't complete unless you also have no gloves and your left hand on your hip as much as possible and are wearing a chrome half-helmet.  Oh, and adding illegal green and/or blue LEDs all over the bike helps too.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »
Max, I think you're mixing you're metaphors  ;)

Offline LandRocket

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 05:57:54 PM »
Maybe something like this?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 06:52:02 PM »
Maybe something like this?

Ow... my eyes hurt...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc