Author Topic: Question about blockoffs, which I've just mounted  (Read 2856 times)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Question about blockoffs, which I've just mounted
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:20:44 PM »
A friend looked at them and said "How does the crankcase vent?  That's one of the benefits of the air system you took off".

I honestly couldn't answer him. I know just about everybody does that mod, I did it and love it, just for the clean look and ease of doing stuff under the tank.  But his question is valid, how does the crankcase vent?
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline red44

Re: Question about blockoffs, which I've just mounted
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
Via the tube that goes into the airbox.

Offline txfatboy

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 01:02:16 AM »
The system you removed to install those blockoff plates has NOTHING to do with the crankcase vent system. Those valves you removed ONLY supplied air to the exhaust ports to help burn any unburned fuel to make the exhaust a little cleaner, or appear to be a little cleaner. The crankcase vent is a little tube that goes from the top of the trans to the bottom of the air cleaner housing.
Woody
2014 V-Max
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels,  ZRX1200 forks with racetech valves and brakes, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and LED running lights.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 04:32:25 AM »
The system you removed to install those blockoff plates has NOTHING to do with the crankcase vent system. Those valves you removed ONLY supplied air to the exhaust ports to help burn any unburned fuel to make the exhaust a little cleaner, or appear to be a little cleaner. The crankcase vent is a little tube that goes from the top of the trans to the bottom of the air cleaner housing.

DING - DING - DING We have a winner.....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:16:53 AM »
Damn what time do you guys get up in the morning.  I thought I was an early riser. I'm in the office around 5:45 but I see thats not early enough.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 07:29:58 AM »
I get up at 0545.  :hail: ;D

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 08:18:53 AM »
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 03:01:23 PM »
Pfft.  I start work at 11:45pm and don't get out until 8am.  Although they don't let me have internet access while inside...
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline txfatboy

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
Correct question for me would have been..... What time do you get home after work?.....
Answer: Pretty early....
Woody
2014 V-Max
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels,  ZRX1200 forks with racetech valves and brakes, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and LED running lights.