Author Topic: Corbin  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Bikergirl1400

• Arena
Corbin
« on: November 01, 2022, 07:26:56 PM »
Has anyone had a problem with Corbin replying to emails?

Failing to get a 2nd seat, I have asked for the #A00947 Corbin seat bracket. I've never had a reply from them, whenever I've asked a question.

It annoys me that a company, ignores customers emails

Grrrrrr

2016 Slate Blue GTR & 2014 Silver GTR.. Yes I have 2 :)

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: Corbin
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:54:38 AM »
Corbin contact details are all here. USA at the bottom.
https://www.corbin.com/projects/distributors/
I'd recommend phoning them. In my experience many businesses use email as a marketing tool, but never check their own mailbox.
Yes, it's sh!tty but it is what it is.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Diablo6v

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 03:00:01 PM »
You can also reach them on FB messenger and they will respond..

Offline Bikergirl1400

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 06:39:54 AM »
I don't have Facebook..

I called them and spoke to Rebecca.. I explained what I needed and she suggested I put it in an email so they have the correct info..
She gave me her email address rebecca@corbin.com, but it's been over a week now and they have not responded to 2 of my emails.

Just have to wait and see what happens..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 11:10:44 AM »
Good luck!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Diablo6v

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 10:22:30 AM »
They don't respond to emails. When you call them out on it they will tell you they no longer use that account? I went through this myself. Keep calling is the only way. Good Luck!

Offline Bikergirl1400

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 02:36:41 PM »
I think I'll have call them again as I've not had a response.. What was the point of Rebecca giving me her email address if they're not going to reply...  :doh:

It'll have to wait till after Christmas now..

Offline PH14

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 12:08:55 PM »
I think I'll have call them again as I've not had a response.. What was the point of Rebecca giving me her email address if they're not going to reply...  :doh:

It'll have to wait till after Christmas now..

When I ordered mine, I called and told them I did not need it dished out so much, nor have the seating position moved reward, since I don't have a large ass. She said they would keep the seating position the same as stock, with a smaller dish. Nope, they sent their normal seat. Later they said they would adjust it free of charge because foam replacement was free. I had an issue with severe perineum pain due to the hump in the front and the dish in the back causing me to sit too far into the seat and placing my weight on the perineum. They said they would change out the foam to a slightly softer foam, and flatten the seat. I had to pay shipping though, so after shipping the seat back and paying the price of $80 for shipping due to the concrete the seat pan is made of, I received a nice, fairly flat seat. It looked great. Unfortunately they didn't replace the foam as they said they would. Instead they added softer foam without removing the offending hump, so I simply sunk into the foam and had the same pain.

I later reshaped the seat myself, removing the offending hump, and creating a channel there, as well as adding the slight dish I originally asked for, and the shallow dish they originally agreed to making when I ordered. Much better. Had I to do it over again, I would have simply cut the hump out as soon as I received the original seat, though I would have still been sitting farther back than I want to. Corbin said they couldn't remove the hump, but others have done so successfully.

I liked the original foam, but the shape was horrific, for me, and they knew upfront that their stock shape wouldn't work for me, since I told them. So even if you get in touch with them, it doesn't mean you will actually get any real service.

Good luck. Corbin makes some great seats, but unfortunately their service is ridiculously bad.

Offline Bikergirl1400

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 05:57:30 PM »
I really like my 2 piece Corbin Seat.. I've had it 11 years now... I now have 2 GTR's and rather than buying another seat, I just need the bracket..

If someone was selling a seat I'd be interested.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 03:40:05 PM »
Can you not have the bracket fabricated?

Offline PH14

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 08:51:38 PM »
Can you not have the bracket fabricated?

I'm sure you could, but you would ideally need to have a bracket for someone to copy. Either that or the specs from Corbin, which you wouldn't be able to get. The bracket isn't complex, but it does have a male piece that goes into the female part of the seat latch on the seat, that would need to be machined.

The bracket is a bar that goes across under the front seat, it has this male end in the center of the bracket.

Offline Bikergirl1400

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2022, 08:33:10 AM »
I have been thinking about getting one fabricated..

I already have the seat bracket on my 2016 GTR that can be used as a copy.

I need the bracket for my 2014 GTR so I can swap the seat between both bikes.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2022, 09:03:53 AM »
I'm sure you could, but you would ideally need to have a bracket for someone to copy. Either that or the specs from Corbin, which you wouldn't be able to get. The bracket isn't complex, but it does have a male piece that goes into the female part of the seat latch on the seat, that would need to be machined.

The bracket is a bar that goes across under the front seat, it has this male end in the center of the bracket.

you made that sound dirty

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2022, 09:06:29 AM »
Last I heard Corbin wouldn't sell the bracket separately which is a moot point if they will not communicate.

Offline PH14

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2022, 10:56:05 AM »

Offline Bikergirl1400

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2022, 03:53:05 PM »
Last I heard Corbin wouldn't sell the bracket separately which is a moot point if they will not communicate.

That doesn't surprise me.. I found my receipt from 11 years ago.. I emailed them again with an attached image to see if that'll make any difference.

What we need is someone in the group who can machine and fabricate the bracket.. If I had the tools, I could do it myself..

;D

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 10:43:07 AM »
What we need is someone in the group who can machine and fabricate the bracket.. If I had the tools, I could do it myself..

Anything can be had for the right price.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2022, 03:56:25 AM »
Sounds to me like Corbin want to go out of business.
Any decent engineering/fabrication workshop should be able to copy that bracket.

It's not hugely complex. The bracket itself needs to be shaped and welded.
The pin needs to be turned on a lathe and attached to the bracket.
As you say, with access to a lathe and a welder you could probably make your own.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2022, 04:01:10 PM »
If you get desperate, I could remove the one from my 2009 (assuming it is the same) and I could model it up in 3D (I use Creo everyday for work) and I can send you the files. Upload them to Protolabs or Xometry or whatever other company you know of that does machining from CAD files and ships the parts. I have no idea how much they would charge but it would be a way to get the parts.
It could potentially be a single part with no welds or screwed together parts too.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips