The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > Accessories and modifications - C14/GTR 1400

That pesky low fuel warning and the disappearance of the range function.

<< < (2/41) > >>

VirginiaJim:

--- Quote from: Pokey on May 20, 2013, 06:50:01 PM ---
I think you know how to cure that ailment.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I do.  I just replaced the rear wheel battery.

Pokey:

--- Quote from: VirginiaJim on May 20, 2013, 06:50:54 PM ---Yeah, I do.  I just replaced the rear wheel battery.

--- End quote ---

Mine is finally dead, and I am now waiting on the front to follow soon. STUPID THINGS!!!!!  >:(

VirginiaJim:
You're so Pokey...  :rotflmao:

B.D.F.:
Yep.

The circuit interrupts the original pulse from the bike itself and sends the "not empty" signal to the LCD display instead. The bike simply responds as it always does to the 'fake out' signal. The circuit is inserted into the harness on the bike using OEM connectors and is otherwise transparent to the bike (electrically speaking). I had originally designed a second signaling device for the rider but you don't even want to know what the cost of that was turning into. So this is the best compromise I could come up with, which is suppressing the real signal from the bike altogether. The fuel gauge still works as before other than the last bar will not flash when the 'low fuel' condition is reached because the bike is blissfully unaware that that has happened. 

I have been using one on my own bike since last summer successfully and do not miss that low fuel signal one bit. Of course I must caution anyone thinking about this that it puts the responsibility onto the rider and the bike will merrily run out of fuel without ever signaling the low fuel warning. You have the fuel gauge, a trip meter if you choose, and the range function which will now work down to somewhere near the end of the fuel's range (I would not go less than 10 miles remaining personally unless the bear was still chasing me) but if you are the forgetful type and occasionally use the warning as a memory jog this circuit is probably not for you.

Well, that and of course the low fuel warning incantation which is included in the installation instructions. :-)

Brian

--- Quote from: PlaynInPeoria on May 20, 2013, 06:48:12 PM ---Can you splain the theory behind this magical concept?

--- End quote ---

Pokey:

--- Quote from: VirginiaJim on May 20, 2013, 06:55:51 PM ---You're so Pokey...  :rotflmao:

--- End quote ---

Come to my Laborday rally and I will show ya how pokey I am not.  ;)   Sorry for crapping on BDF's post, so sorry sir.  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version