Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 728638 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2380 on: July 31, 2016, 08:11:17 AM »
I bought a Amazon Echo during Prime day.

I love this thing! It's great fun to 'play' with plus is does a LOT more than just play.

Need to know Pi to 20 digits? Need to know about String Theory? Todays weather? Set a timer or calendar even? Albert Einstein's birthday? The distance to Pluto? What your stocks are doing? Just ask.

Wanna play one of your Pandora stations or hear your Prime music or tune in to your favorite Chicago radio station? Ask.

I asked 'how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood'.

The average woodchuck can chuck about 700 pounds a day with the wind at it's back.   :)

Alexa, beam me up.

Transporters engaged, welcome aboard Captain.    :D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2381 on: July 31, 2016, 08:58:01 AM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2382 on: July 31, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »
....but does it work with Windows 10?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2383 on: August 01, 2016, 04:48:07 AM »
....but does it work with Windows 10?

Windows shmindows Alexa doesn't need no stinking windoze.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2384 on: August 01, 2016, 06:30:01 AM »
Did you ask it for the prime directive?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2385 on: August 01, 2016, 09:16:38 AM »
Did you ask it for the prime directive?

I just did. It went on and on! I thought that it was never gonna finish.    ;D

Alexa, what is the Prime Directive?

"As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Star Fleet personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Star Fleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship, unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation."

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2386 on: September 28, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »
I had a good hearty laugh on I-295 around the the eastern side of Richmond, today.  Some guy goes by me doing about 80-90 mph and jumps in and out of traffic trying to get ahead of everyone.  He pops over a hill and there's a state trooper looking his way.  This guy is going so fast that the trooper is nearly ready to pull out after him as he passes by him.  He pulls him over in short order.  I hope his speed was enough to get him arrested for reckless driving which is over 80 in VA.  I think quite a few people in the vicinity were having a good laugh at that guy.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2387 on: September 28, 2016, 07:08:45 PM »
It sure feels good to see karma at work, doesn't it?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2388 on: September 29, 2016, 05:34:39 AM »
Anyone remember me 'coming out of retirement' to take the job in our village as the water meter reader last year?

This was a new position since before the meters were installed we paid a flat rate for water. ~$25 per month.

Anyways, after more than a year of reading the meters this month marks the start of billing people for the amount of water they actually use. Why did it take so long to start billing for actual use? Good question, politics...

I read around 250 meters each month and the average usage per household is 3k to 6k gallons per month. The charge is $8 per thousand gallons used. Some folks will see their bills decreased others will see an increase. Some will see a HUGE increase. Those are the wasteful homes. One in particular has used as much as 220k per month but has trimmed that down to 90k gallons for the first billing month. That's a $720 water bill! I've been telling the folks at this address all year that they have a leak issue and that they're going to see a huge bill once the billing goes live but they ignored me. From $25 per month to $720, how do you like them apples?

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2389 on: September 29, 2016, 05:59:14 AM »
... Some folks will see their bills decreased others will see an increase. Some will see a HUGE increase. Those are the wasteful homes. One in particular has used as much as 220k per month but has trimmed that down to 90k gallons for the first billing month. That's a $720 water bill! I've been telling the folks at this address all year that they have a leak issue and that they're going to see a huge bill once the billing goes live but they ignored me. From $25 per month to $720, how do you like them apples?

That is a lot of water use for a residential home.  Are they running a laundry business or something?  Watering acres of grass?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2390 on: September 29, 2016, 06:30:47 AM »
They could just be very thirsty..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2391 on: September 29, 2016, 09:38:14 AM »
less than nothing.

Sunday's high temp here is supposed to max out at minus 4f and the low temp that night minus 16f.  :o   

That's not including the wind-chill   :_shudder_Emoticon
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:16:56 AM by Conrad »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2392 on: December 16, 2016, 05:11:04 AM »
revised forecast   :o

Today

Snow, mainly after noon. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as -1. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Tonight

Snow. Temperature rising to around 25 by 2am. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming east southeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday

A chance of snow before 7am, then a chance of snow and sleet between 7am and noon, then snow likely after noon. Patchy blowing snow after noon. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 16 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.

Saturday Night

Snow before midnight. Widespread blowing snow. Low around -9. Wind chill values as low as -25. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Sunday

Patchy blowing snow before noon. Sunny and cold, with a high near -6. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday Night

Mostly clear, with a low around -22.

Monday

Sunny, with a high near 11.

Monday Night

Mostly clear, with a low around 8.

Tuesday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.

Tuesday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.

Wednesday

Partly sunny, with a high near 30.

Wednesday Night

A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.

Thursday

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2393 on: December 16, 2016, 05:17:36 AM »
Try this- I wake up this morning to 19F.
Saturday's high is expected to be 75F.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2394 on: December 16, 2016, 05:21:35 AM »
75? Sweet!!!

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #2395 on: December 16, 2016, 07:53:30 AM »
35?  Sweet

It was -33C here this morning (that's -27 in F degrees...)

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2396 on: December 16, 2016, 09:02:15 AM »
no matter how many dogs dares are called for don't do this at those temps!

! No longer available

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #2397 on: December 18, 2016, 09:21:18 AM »
-26*F at home this morning actual temp, no wind chill figured in. The jug of -50* RV antifreeze on the shelf in the shed is frozen solid. Like a bowling pin. Should be interesting mess in the camper trailer next spring....
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2398 on: December 18, 2016, 09:33:56 AM »
-26*F at home this morning actual temp, no wind chill figured in. The jug of -50* RV antifreeze on the shelf in the shed is frozen solid. Like a bowling pin. Should be interesting mess in the camper trailer next spring....

-50 RV antifreeze frozen solid?  :o  Great! We're at -10 here at the moment. I hope that my RV doesn't have any issues because of this. I have the same antifreeze in it.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2399 on: December 18, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »
I'm not an RV guy, and this is a motorcycle forum...but ...but since we are in a thread about nothing at all (and thus open to everything), why don't they make RVs so you can just drain 'em and blow a little air in the lines and be done with it?