Author Topic: Best deal you can get .....  (Read 749 times)

Offline sas mayhem

Best deal you can get .....
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:19:21 AM »
Hey gang, I've noticed some members posting some great deals that they have came across online, either buy blowout sales or price matching. I didn't want to hi jack there threads so I chose to pass this along in a separate thread.  Sometimes you can get even a better deal if you e mail or call the customer service of any online store if your going to buy more of one item.  For example, as some of you all know I've been looking to buy a replacement helmet, I settled for the Shoei RF1100 in Red Wine (to match my 09) on for me and one for Debbie. Online the best price I found was 416.00- 469.00 ea. I sent a e mail to 5 online store and asked them if I was to buy 2 helmets, what kind of deal can I get if any?  I got a reply back from all of them and they all knocked off 10%  So the lowest priced ones went from 833.00 for two down to  749.00. I was like wow.  I then went to eBay and look for one of the larger helmet sellers, I ask the same question, and they sent me back a e mail saying if I was to buy those 2 that they would drop the price to from there advertised 416.00 - 10% discount down to 360.00 :o. Sold .
  I'm not saying that it will work all the time but it's worth trying.  I'm going to try that tactic when I get my next set of tires. I'm going to see what I can get if I order two sets, I might get a better deal.  I'm being cheap if the difference was a few dollars I wouldn't bother, but saving a large sum of mula lets me plan for more gas money,farkles bills or whatever. That was a savings of over 200.00 just by asking.
As a side note they ALL wanted my to call to make the order.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....