Author Topic: Slip on vs Full system exhaust, pros/cons?  (Read 23 times)

Offline kdvoth

Slip on vs Full system exhaust, pros/cons?
« on: Today at 02:40:35 PM »
Hey y'all!
I'm looking for some perspective on switching out the potato launcher of an exhaust my 2008 overweight ninja has (c14). I'm leaning more towards a black widow set up, either just a slip on or changing out the full system. I'm aware that just the slip ok won't change the performance of the bike at all or very very little, whereas the full system has more performance changes. I do plan on getting thr ECU flashed afterwards once I can make up my damn mind, but I'm at a fork in the road.
My only interest for changing out the potato launcher is for the sound, I'm a huge fan of a louder bike/exhaust. I don't ride hard very often, I very rarely race others, the top speed i get to almost weekly is 110, normally no faster than that unless im out innthe country on good roads with my fiance and soon to be brother in law. But when I do I hangout where the most torque is (2nd-4th gear is my preference). I've seen on a couple fb groups that just the slip on and the ecu flash will do just fine depending on the riding done.
On the other hand my curiosity of what the full set up could give the C14 has me interested, paired with the flash? Dayyyuuuum 🤪

My interest right now is just finding a loud slip on exhaust and then a flash later (thinking about shoodaben), but I'm easily swayed. Thoughts and opinions on just the slipon with a tune or a full set up with a tune?

Thanks everyone,
Kenna