Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 888039 times)

Offline SilverConnieRider

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1660 on: November 10, 2015, 06:11:40 PM »
People buy Busa's for one reason only, to go fast. Therefore I'm guessing there is a lot more interest among busa owners for performance mods then for connie owners and more volume on something like a flash is going to greatly reduce the cost. The cost of the actually flashing is nothing compared to the cost of the equipment and developing the right tune for the flash. That cost has to be spread out over the number of buyers. So for example if you have 5000 Busa owners getting a flash versus 500 C14 owners I would expect the cost of a C14 flash to be 10 times more expensive.

Well you got one part right - go fast - but that's not the only reason.  My Busa is as smooth or smoother than my Connie.
Gets better gas mileage than my Connie.  Weighs less than my Connie.  And is NOT as top heavy as my Connie just to mention a few things. But like most things there are pros and cons and the Connie is more up to date, and a better bike for a CC ride, for sure.

And I assume you are right about the volume of ECU's flashed.

Lets get something straight - NO WHERE IN MY POST did I say SISF's flash wasn't worth it.
I was only saying it was more then what I paid for my Busa flash and I was surprised by the difference.
Sorry if I stepped on any toes or offended anyone at all - that was never my intention.

Offline Afm252

« Reply #1661 on: November 15, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »
Washed her after not riding for a few weeks. Took her out for a rip through PCB. Not the best day, but riding is better than driving. Can't wait to get back to Texas.
Mike T
09 C14 "Turtle"
07 CBR 600rr Blue/ Silver
98 CBR 600 F3 "Desert Storm"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1662 on: November 15, 2015, 05:06:56 PM »
I think I'll think about thinking about washing the bike at some point this week.  So if the end of the world starts this week, you'll know what caused it.....the guy with the sword.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1663 on: November 16, 2015, 04:32:30 AM »
I think I'll think about thinking about washing the bike at some point this week.  So if the end of the world starts this week, you'll know what caused it.....the guy with the sword.

What day do you think that you'll be thinking of washing the bike? If you do it before Thursday then I won't have to go see my doc for my annual physical.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1664 on: November 16, 2015, 05:38:29 AM »
Oh, I think you'll be able to get that done.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1665 on: November 16, 2015, 10:55:11 PM »
Wow, was gone for only a few months and realized all the fun I missed.  Raining tomorrow, and Wed.  Beautiful Thurs and Fri, my days off.  After I trim my Oak tree, as per the city and HOA, the new 14 will be ridden.  A great week to all, and when I do want more performance, I will let Steve do the Flash Job for me. 

Speaking of Flash, how many here ever heard this one?  1972.  Much like "Yes", British early prog rock....Fantastic musicians.  tp
! No longer available
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #1666 on: November 17, 2015, 05:01:27 AM »
Welcome back Tom

Offline tomp

« Reply #1667 on: November 17, 2015, 07:51:55 AM »
Welcome back Tom
Thank you Nicole.  I missed out on your trip to the left coast. Will/have you posted a video like the  trip up north?  tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #1668 on: November 23, 2015, 05:16:33 PM »
Thank you Nicole.  I missed out on your trip to the left coast. Will/have you posted a video like the  trip up north?  tomp

Tom, trip was great. I haven't posted much on either forum about it.  However I have submitted an article that should be in the winter issue of the Concourier.

Back to the forum...

I purchased another set of tires today. PR4GT  from Jake Wilson.
I also ordered a set of LED headlight bulbs and city lights from Amazon.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1669 on: November 23, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »
Not today, since I worked, but yesterday, I went on two rides.  One on the R1200R I bought Friday, what a blast that bike is, except it was very cold with no wind protection.  The second ride was on the 14.  Still cold, but didn't notice it because of the wonderful wind protection and V-Stream  screen, with a Laminar Lip and the heated grips.   

Off tomorrow and will ride again.  I did order a P-1X db killer for the Two Bros exhaust.  Need to tone it down some, volume wise, and saw vids that showed that it actually works, with 7-9db cut...tp

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #1670 on: November 23, 2015, 11:24:44 PM »
Not today, since I worked, but yesterday, I went on two rides.  One on the R1200R I bought Friday, what a blast that bike is, except it was very cold with no wind protection.  The second ride was on the 14.  Still cold, but didn't notice it because of the wonderful wind protection and V-Stream  screen, with a Laminar Lip and the heated grips.   

Off tomorrow and will ride again.  I did order a P-1X db killer for the Two Bros exhaust.  Need to tone it down some, volume wise, and saw vids that showed that it actually works, with 7-9db cut...tp

Glad you are preserving the beauty of the new bike w/o going back to the zeppelin/bazooka exhaust.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #1671 on: November 24, 2015, 05:57:34 AM »
Rode it to work.  Bike showed a low of 19* and the display at the bank said 21*.

In my opinion, the C14 has better waist down wind protection and the C10 is better waist up.

I think I'll be looking for a different shield soon.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline tomp

« Reply #1672 on: November 24, 2015, 07:15:13 AM »
Glad you are preserving the beauty of the new bike w/o going back to the zeppelin/bazooka exhaust.
  Yep, just too loud straight thru.  The P-1X should allow me to keep the weight savings and cool sound, but tolerable for my blown out ears. 

Offline dolomoto

• '08 C14 "Hot, Nasty, Bad-Ass Speed"
« Reply #1673 on: November 27, 2015, 04:48:20 PM »
I want to keep the stickers that I have accumulated in 91,000 miles of smiles on the '08 so I swapped the bag inner pieces and locks with the "new" '10 (26,000 miles).

I cleaned the inner pieces well and let them soak in some Formula 2001 protectant. I have had good results with restoration using this method and today was no different.

I also swapped the FL rear pax pegs to the '10. I have a few more things to swap over before I try to get the '08 traded for something (on account that resale for a 91,000 mile C14 is poor).

It will be 75 deg tomorrow so the wifey and I will go on an afternoon ride.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1674 on: November 28, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »
Worked late yesterday, Got home, couldn't sleep, and an email said the P1-X db killer I ordered for the TBR exhaust, was in my mail box.  At 1:30 this AM I was in the garage installing it.  I really need a set of T handle torx's.  Using a compact fold out set, I finally go it installed.  Couldn't crank it up then, so it was the second thing I did this morning. 

FWIW, the exhaust is still as throaty sounding as it was straight thru, but not nearly as loud.  Now if it hadn't been raining since before sunrise, I could tell here how it works. 

A great weekend to all....tomp

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1675 on: November 28, 2015, 12:37:59 PM »
Rode around in Mecklenburg county VA and then on to home.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1676 on: November 28, 2015, 03:08:22 PM »
Took it for turkey a few days ago (went to Mom's on it).  Washed and "waxed" it up today for fun trip tomorrow.  Have a few more rock chips than I want to see :(  I guess it is inevitable.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1677 on: November 28, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »
Washed and waxed?  :_shudder_Emoticon

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1678 on: November 28, 2015, 03:27:34 PM »
Washed and waxed?  :_shudder_Emoticon

"waxed"... I only use synthetic polish/sealant :)   But people insist on calling it "waxing"!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1679 on: November 29, 2015, 06:07:50 AM »
Ordered a new battery (MotoBatt MBTX12U). I'm still using the original battery, it seems fine but it's getting pretty long in the tooth for a battery.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn