Author Topic: I'm surprised...  (Read 1530 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
I'm surprised...
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »
That no one mentioned Kawasaki's win in World Superbike at Monza.  Tom Sykes on the ZX-10R in race 2.  Called because of rain but he was so very far ahead of the pack on his mean green machine.  As we all know it's a rarity for Kwak to win these races...in fact unheard of in civilized circles.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/teams-e-riders/rider?pilota=1336

http://www.tomsykes66.com/
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: I'm surprised...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:12:41 PM »
Nice!  :chugbeer:

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:34:20 PM »
Yeah, I know a win is a win, but still. It is very doubtful he would have won a regular race. The proof is in the pudding. Lets see how he does in future races.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
He's been getting better on that bike.  Problem is he can take the lead but either him or the bike can't last the race.  I will say even with that being said that this lead was different than the others.  He was further ahead than I've ever seen him.  But I do agree, let's see what happens in a dry race.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 03:14:30 PM »

He's riding well in Derby too..............we'll see if he can pull off race #2?

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
Also, it looks like K will have 1 or 2 CRT (lower tier) bikes in MotoGP this year.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 04:22:51 AM »
He came in third in the second race at Donnington, but only because Rea took out both BMWs in the last lap.  I knew something was going to happen.  When you have 5  bikes switching positions like they were doing then something of that sort is inevetible.  Both races were exciting to watch, especially the last 5 laps or so.

Syke's bike has the speed to win but either Sykes or the bike or both can't manage the tire wear to last a full race.  The reason he won at Monza is because the race was called well before the end.  Sykes led both races at Donnington but the last third or so is his achilles heel.