Author Topic: Speaking of Hydrogen  (Read 1930 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Speaking of Hydrogen
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2021, 03:22:11 PM »
I know. There are lots of places in America where home, neighbors, work, and shops are miles apart, and bicycling is not feasible at all. Even in cities, bikes are hard to ride due to congestion. We are not set up for it really.

Even when I want to just ride the bike just for fun, I have pretty much no place around here to do it.  Just some residential pinned in by three major roads, none of which have bike lanes and I would be scared to death to ride on them (even with my lights and helmet and such).  And being a long-term motorcyclist, I am not averse to risk, so that should tell you how much danger I think bicyclists are in around here....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2021, 08:08:26 PM »
I know where you live and even driving a motorized vehicle can be scary.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2021, 05:33:11 AM »
I know where you live and even driving a motorized vehicle can be scary.

Of course, it can vary greatly even within one city or county.  I am sure 10 miles away in many other areas, it is much better.  But the older the area, the less it was designed with walking/biking in mind.

Where I grew up in the 70's/80's, the entire area was well-planned and had countless miles of separate, paved, non-road-based bike/walking paths that connected every sub-neighborhood and park, and was all wooded.  It was fantastic.  Of course, the whole thing was many miles away from where anyone could work, so everyone had to commute 20+ miles to work in cars.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2021, 01:01:48 PM »
Walking/cycling is great but not for everyone. Just something I like to do whenever possible.

I would like to buy an electric car sometime. Price, battery and infrastructure isn't there yet. I think they are a great idea for suburbia folks.

I want one of these...

https://youtu.be/dJfSS0ZXYdo?t=312

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »
Really, do you want to die?  If you live where I think you live.....you'd last about 20 seconds...lol.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »
But it is so cute. It's a chick magnet. Like it was carrying my chubby baby niece.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2021, 03:51:41 PM »
I want one of these...  https://youtu.be/dJfSS0ZXYdo?t=312

Top Gear (the real one- British) is too funny.

Plus, it would be super great to be in a car if required to be at that ethno-centric-inclusion-diversity-justice-equity-woke-carbon-identity-politics-nonsense meeting (such a perfect choice).  Especially if it had a good sound system! (I bet it probably doesn't even have a mono AM radio.).

Not having a reverse gear could certainly be problematic, though.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2021, 04:09:44 PM »
You need a reverse gear with that crowd. They have an unfortunate propensity towards damaging property.

Top Gear (the real one- British) is too funny.

Plus, it would be super great to be in a car if required to be at that ethno-centric-inclusion-diversity-justice-equity-woke-carbon-identity-politics-nonsense meeting (such a perfect choice).  Especially if it had a good sound system! (I bet it probably doesn't even have a mono AM radio.).

Not having a reverse gear could certainly be problematic, though.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2021, 09:47:02 AM »
You need a reverse gear with that crowd. They have an unfortunate propensity towards damaging property.

They have an unfortunate entertaining propensity towards damaging property.   8)
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2021, 04:59:47 AM »
They have an unfortunate entertaining propensity towards damaging property.   8)
Especially towards bloody caravans! <LOL>

If you'd ever driven a Peel P50, you wouldn't want one.
They are noisy, stinky and horrible to drive as they wander all over the road and if you corner too fast,.... over you go.
There are many many reasons why they never sold very well. Only 50 of the originals were made.
The same holds for the Sinclair C5 even though they sold 5000.

If you want a P50 contact Peel Engineering.
They still make a few each year for about $20k each and even make an Electric version as well as the Trident bubble-car version. https://www.peelengineering.com/
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK