Author Topic: mirror question  (Read 2826 times)

Offline S.Ga.Rider

mirror question
« on: June 22, 2011, 07:19:30 AM »
My left side mirror has some scratches from the previous owner and its mostly all on the painted piece. Can you get just the painted piece and replace it or do you have to buy the whole mirror? If it comes off how do you remove it?

Does anyone know where to get paint from decides colorite? A friend of mine has a paint and body shop and said he could repaint it for free if I get the paint. Colorite is rather expensive.

Offline roger dodger

• Keep it between the ditches
Re: mirror question
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:37:01 AM »
Most OEM parts are available @ www.ronayers.com . There is a schematic to illustrate if you need the cover or the whole mirror.

Colorite is the dealers choice for paint also....otherwise it's a color-match @ your local paint shop.
'03 FJR
'02 C10 (mia)
'81 KZ1000

Bob

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:18:45 AM »
My left side mirror has some scratches from the previous owner and its mostly all on the painted piece. Can you get just the painted piece and replace it or do you have to buy the whole mirror? If it comes off how do you remove it?

Does anyone know where to get paint from decides colorite? A friend of mine has a paint and body shop and said he could repaint it for free if I get the paint. Colorite is rather expensive.

Kawasaki doesn't sell any of the mirror parts separate. So you would have to buy a whole mirror assembly, which includes the mirror bracket. It runs around $150. But you could just unbolt the mirror head off the new piece and swap that out if you wanted. The head is only held on by three screws underneath the unit (up through the mounting bracket). So it's either $150 or have it painted. Even if you do it yourself with colorrite. The materials are not cheap. So if you want it repaired, IMO, your probably better off to buy the new assembly or finding a paint and having your friend do it. Maybe the materials dealer could scan the part and mix the paint?

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:50:19 AM »
Honestly, the Colorrite pen is the best way to go.  My mirror and fairings were badly scratched after a drop, and the pen kit worked very well.  You really can't tell it had been painted unless you look very closely.