Riding > CDAs

Unfortunately.....

(1/4) > >>

timmerz:
I guess I get to be the first to drop in the new forum....{sigh}....I have never dropped a bike in all my 55 years, other than dirt bikes that deserved it, of course! LOL! This was particularly embarrassing due to the fact that it was right out in front of the office building I work in at a Quarry....lots of loose various-sized rock lying around, and I was curving in towards my parking spot slowly, completely under control, WITH BOTH FEET DOWN, and we leaned right ever so slightly to finish the turn and "whoopti!" there went my right boot skidding out on loose stuff and "BAM" down we went, that quickly. I'm pissed, but pragmatic about it...I know the dangers of riding this bike in loose gravel, no doubt about that. I've been doing it safely for the last 6 months, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later!

mikeboileau:
ouch!

Conrad:
Did they all see you?

Sorry, what was the damage?

timmerz:

--- Quote from: Conrad on May 12, 2011, 05:19:31 AM ---Did they all see you?

Sorry, what was the damage?

--- End quote ---

Yes, they sure did....{gritted teeth}...all the girls come scurrying out worried about my welfare (evidently it stirred up quite a bit of dust) and all the guys lounged against the doorway on the deck smirking and taking memorable shots with their cell phone cams....I'll never live it down, but will live on to ride some more...LOL!

Broke the right foot peg....already have a new one coming from Murph....that was quite a torturous 42-mile ride home, with left foot on the regular peg and right foot on the rear peg....

Conrad:
At least you didn't add injury to insult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version