Author Topic: brrrrrrrr  (Read 57806 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: brrrrrrrr
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »
Oh wait, you said "STOKING"- my bad. That is now how I read it the first time....

:rotflmao:

Brian

<snip>

I assume he's off the lake, and stoking the fire nice and warm down south now.....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2015, 01:59:31 PM »
Great news! It is snowing here.... again. But only 3" to 5" and then it will turn to rain which will either 1) crush some more roofs or 2) make an excellent protective layer for the snow when it drops to -6F on Monday.

Went looking for a roof rake today and THAT was met with some serious guffaws: no one has seen one of those in a month. Too bad as my barn roof is a tad.... weak. I am going to re-roof the building in the spring but I was not planning on shoveling the snow out of it first... :-( 

Still, got plenty of fuel for the snowblower and that thing is a snow destroying weapon. Then again, it is kind of a forearm destroying weapon too- I can still feel the last snowstorm in my forearms while typing this.

No matter- got plenty of wood (Boys!), ale, wine, scotch and a big glass with a stirrer. All of which make the snowblowing more fun although it seems to make the pets in the neighborhood a tad nervous....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2015, 02:08:41 PM »
I tried to clean my roof of snow......................once. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2015, 04:33:00 PM »
Local Cleveland weather man just said we had 1-1/2" of snow today.... what a maroon.... I just finished with my snow muncher machine, and never once did it not have 10" on either side of the clearcuts I was making...  that's the difference 25 miles can make, some folks in Cleveburgh don't have a clue... that's why they call where I live "the snow belt" perfect geographic change in elevation, coupled with the lake shore, and we have a snow machine that reallllly produces well.... might get outta the house and go to the local slopes tomorry, and try to break some tibia.... sounds like fun....

Oh, snow rakes? Bwaaaahaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa.....
Man, hit Lowes and get some 2 x 2's and a piece of osb, and make one... then this spring, you can burn it in effigy....
I always made my own, and its getting close to make one this year, we have had as much as 18" on the house at times this year, currently have about a foot, but I'll make one if needed....  back in 1994 iirc, we got an early mega storm beginning of november, trees still had leaves on them, and we got dumped on with a 30"+ overnight storm, heavy wet snow... actually had to shovel off my girlfrends dads house roof... by hand... what a trip shoveling thigh deep snow off a roof... and when finished, simply did backflips off the eave into the 8foot high piles..... mm mm fun.
Some big warehouses actually had crews on the roof with snowblowers, a lot of steel building collapsed....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2015, 06:37:27 PM »
I tried to clean my roof of snow......................once. 
Is this how you did it, Jim?
http://youtu.be/_Po-qpUZ6pE
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2015, 06:43:27 PM »
That's pretty slick.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2015, 06:44:47 PM »

It was more Married with Children and Al falling off the roof...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »
That IS slick! I wonder how it would work on the flat roof on my barn though?

You know who would like that thing? Little kids- they could ride on it!

Brian

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2015, 05:37:02 AM »
How are you going to get the little kids on the roof?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2015, 05:48:46 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2015, 06:22:20 AM »
 ;D might run out of little kids

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2015, 06:23:17 AM »
Lots of daycare's around I'm sure.  They'd love it.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2015, 06:44:50 AM »
I came here looking for info about canyon cages, not cruise control. What a waste of time.

Oops. Wrong thread.  :-[
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2015, 06:54:08 AM »
Sorry, this is the roof clearing /child toss thread.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2015, 07:00:46 AM »
Just so we're clear here, you're NOT putting canyon cages on the children and you ARE putting cruise control on the trebuchet?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2015, 07:05:53 AM »
;D might run out of little kids

No way.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2015, 07:19:42 AM »
We need to toss the octopussymom.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2015, 07:53:16 AM »
My original plan was that they could ride up on top of the snow cutter. The other ideas of tossing them up there really are the better ideas- and the kids would love that too, well most of them. But of course they would be tossed up BEFORE removing the snow so they would have a soft landing..... we do not want to be cruel after all. Then comes the bump from the snow cutter and the ride down the roof into the pile of snow on the ground. Good times.

Brian

How are you going to get the little kids on the roof?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2015, 08:02:24 AM »
I know that I enjoyed it as an adult.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2015, 01:41:40 PM »
Yesterday, it went into the low 40's F, and a lot of the snow started to melt. My whole driveway was a field of slush 2" or more deep. Today it is dropping through the 20's F and into the teens, and tonight it is forecast to go to -7 F. The good news is that the slush has firmed up (Easy Boys!), the bad news is that it has firmed up into ice. Walking around out there you have to keep your arms out and sort of fall from foot to foot, not unlike a drunk penguin with its wings spread. The body shops are going to be doing a box office business based on the formula Dollars = force X mass.  I would say it was a mess out there but it is not nearly nice enough to be a mere mess....

:-(

Brian