The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > Accessories and modifications - C14/GTR 1400

Concours 14 aftermarket TPMS replacement WORKS!

<< < (2/18) > >>

BruceR:
That is sweet.  I have the original sensors in my '08.  I've been too lazy to take the tires off and get the sensors sent out to have the batteries replaced.  For $30 I'll just replace them.  Thanks for the pictures of the process.  Makes it very easy to understand.
Did you go with rubber or metal valve stem?

Big Red:

--- Quote from: BruceR on April 27, 2022, 01:07:14 PM ---That is sweet.  I have the original sensors in my '08.  I've been too lazy to take the tires off and get the sensors sent out to have the batteries replaced.  For $30 I'll just replace them.  Thanks for the pictures of the process.  Makes it very easy to understand.
Did you go with rubber or metal valve stem?

--- End quote ---

I went with metal. I don't think it matters either way. The metal one could have the gasket replaced every tire change, which may make changing the tire without breaking the sensor a little easier.

dbird29:
O'Reillys has the Autel sensor for $28 and it's in stock

Big Red:

--- Quote from: jonathan on April 27, 2022, 09:27:09 AM ---This sound great. Is it possible to install the new sensor and then do the setup? That way the shop can dismount the tire and swap the sensors in one step.

--- End quote ---

I can verify that the pad WILL do a full scan of the sensor through the wheel. It should program fine.

Big Red:

--- Quote from: dbird29 on April 27, 2022, 04:29:59 PM ---O'Reillys has the Autel sensor for $28 and it's in stock

--- End quote ---

The metal one is $42 in my area. It is nice to know I can get it local.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version