Author Topic: KMW emblems  (Read 9954 times)

Offline Freightshakertech

• 2000 Connie
KMW emblems
« on: May 20, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »
Hi guys, too bad the site went down.  Seems we lost some valuable information.  I'm looking for the KMW emblems that one of our members produces.  Anyone have any info on this?  Appreciate your help, thanks. David :)

Offline Mettler1

Re: KMW emblems
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:19:38 PM »
  Here it is.

http://ruddbow.com/main/gallery/?album=1&gallery=11
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline dvitous

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 08:07:05 PM »
I *just* found mine after being lost for like 2 yrs.

Now... where to put them....  :o
Dan Vitous
Naperville, IL

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »
You can see where I put mine.  These things are worth ten times their purchase price in humor value.

Pic attached below:

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Ranger

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 09:17:02 AM »
You can see where I put mine.  These things are worth ten times their purchase price in humor value.

Pic attached below:
I get all kinds of different comments from mine. Must say, they are quite a conversation piece.
2002 Connie with Givi trunk, Avon tires,  7th gear mod, Heli bars, Throttlemeister, Rifle windscreen, and other junk. Love to pack up and hit the road. Thank goodness I'm recent retiree. :-)

Offline Laserjock

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:46:30 AM »
Well since I have a well known last name (and it's not Darwin)...

=Laserjock=  8)

Offline Bosgarage57

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 11:24:48 AM »
Mettler1 Thank for posting that.  I got dad some of his decals for christmas and was wantingto purchase some more.

Offline scott 2

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »
I like mine emblems.   They make my bmw friends smile.

Offline Ranger

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »
Here's my KMW. I get quite a few double takes with the emblems. ::)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:01:48 PM by Ranger »
2002 Connie with Givi trunk, Avon tires,  7th gear mod, Heli bars, Throttlemeister, Rifle windscreen, and other junk. Love to pack up and hit the road. Thank goodness I'm recent retiree. :-)

Offline Freightshakertech

• 2000 Connie
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »
Thanks Mettler.  I ordered two of the new ones which are "Beemer" blue.  Look forward to having a little fun with them.  8)

Offline spd2918

• Stay off the paint, boys.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »
  Here it is.

http://ruddbow.com/main/gallery/?album=1&gallery=11

I guess I should be flattered that my KMWs are being copied, even at a higher price.

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »
Just for the record, I'm pretty sure spd2918 was the originator of these, which are now being copied by the ruddbow folks.  spd2918 (Brad) makes em better and cheaper, and for more models (SMW, HMW, etc. His are full multilayered vinyl, whereas the ruddbow one appears to be printed. In other words, it will not last as well or as long. He's too humble to toot his own horn..........

I forget what they cost from Brad, but maybe he will pop back in with that info. You can reach him at b r a d e s l e r at yahoo dot com to order direct.
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline gtr1000

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 01:19:50 AM »
Just for the record, I'm pretty sure spd2918 was the originator of these, which are now being copied by the ruddbow folks.  spd2918 (Brad) makes em better and cheaper, and for more models (SMW, HMW, etc. His are full multilayered vinyl, whereas the ruddbow one appears to be printed. In other words, it will not last as well or as long. He's too humble to toot his own horn..........

I forget what they cost from Brad, but maybe he will pop back in with that info. You can reach him at b r a d e s l e r at yahoo dot com to order direct.

+1  :)
Paul OTP (near Windsor, GB).

06 C-10, 2009 to .....
A5 C-10, 2000 to 2009.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
Not to mention its really fun to park next to a Beemer and watch everybody scratch their heads :rotflmao:

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline dbethel

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
Brad is the person that started these.  I also purchased his bag reflector kit, it's been 3 or 4 years now and no problem whatsoever.  I get plenty of double takes, especially BMW riders  :o  and lots of questions like "what is a KMW?"

D.

Offline Vic Salisbury

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »
Hey, glad some one cleared that up. Thanks
I knew the decals were out there but didn't know there were copy cat makers.

I'd rather go with the original.
Vic Salisbury
COG #3673
'97 Concours "Grinch"
Sarasota, FL

YoDoc

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »
What is the difference between the two, other than price? Just curious, see.

Offline Vic Salisbury

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 07:03:24 AM »
Quote from 2fast:
 spd2918 (Brad) makes em better and cheaper, and for more models (SMW, HMW, etc.
His are full multilayered vinyl, whereas the ruddbow one appears to be printed. In other words, it will not last as well or as long.

Vic Salisbury
COG #3673
'97 Concours "Grinch"
Sarasota, FL

Offline spd2918

• Stay off the paint, boys.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 08:07:55 AM »
Thanks for all the support!

I make the KMWs from individually cut pieces of solid color vinyl- the same stuff I use on squad cars and taxis.  I (or my my wife) layer them by hand to make the graphic.  The other guys use a machine that prints color onto white vinyl much the same way your printer prints on paper.  The result is a nice looking graphic that will sun fade over time.  They can make more complex designs quickly and very cheaply.

My KMWs are $5 each and shipping is $2 no matter how many you'd like.  I can be paypal'd at b r a d e s l e r @ y a h o o . c o m (the spaces need to be removed).

I don't make much money doing these, but I enjoy how people like them.  My stuff can be seen at the Nationals every year.  As mentioned I also make a 6 piece rear bag reflective sets for the Classic Connie for $20 (+ $3 shipping).  They are black in the daytime and lights up white at night.  Since the Connie is a stretched Ninja I made up some "NinjaXL" graphics for $6 each.

I will add a C14 rear bag reflective set if someone wants to loan me their bags for a couple of hours for a pattern.  You will get a free set or two!  I am in Superior WI, 3 miles for Aerostich.

Thanks again!

YoDoc

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
What does the reflective set look like? I'm trying to imagine where 6 pieces go...