Author Topic: White dash LEDs  (Read 14381 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: White dash LEDs
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 06:29:11 AM »
emjayw-

I replaced all of mine with bulbs from superbrite.  I used the amber version of the blub for the turn signals, blue for the highbeam, red for the oil, and warm-white for the headlight indicator (if your bike has that).  WLED-A5, WLED-B5, WLED-R5, and WLED-WW5.  Of course green for the general gauge lights and clock.  WLED-G5 and 74-GHP (clock).  Maybe one day i'll get around to changing all of the running lights and brake lights.  Probably will need a digital flasher module then.

Here is the webpage for the dash bulbs:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWLED-x5.htm
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline pat8228

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 08:42:38 PM »
I just replaced my clock light with the blue 74-x, and the 4 gauge lights with the blue wled-5. Makes the gauges look great. they're bright and crisp. Really like the results. Blue is the way to go.

Offline emjayw

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »
Finally got around to installing the 4 green led's in the dash and the 1 in the clock today.  Had to take lots of stuff off as I was replacing the tired stock front brake lines with a Galfer 2-line set so it was a perfect time to tear into it.  I'm very pleased with the improvement in visibility with the green bulbs, not too bright but very visible now.  BTW: The Galfer 2-line system was a snap to install and makes the front brake a 2-finger affair each and every time with no lack of stopping power as with the stock "soft" rubber lines.  Thanks again foe everybody's 2 cents on this topic.   Mike in TX