Author Topic: Let's do some good for the TORNADO VICTIMS - Want a 7th gear unit?  (Read 11894 times)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
 Coming from a hurricane state, I feel for the families devastated by the recent tornadoes all across the country. As such, i think we should do something to help. here's what I propose...

Shoodaben Engineering will donate a 7th gear unit to be auctioned to the highest bidder, with the payment going to THE AMERICAN RED CROSS. Place your bid on this thread, and we'll let the auction run until 9pm eastern NEXT WEDSNESDAY, June 01. At that point the highest bidder makes his payment to THE AMERICAN RED CROSS, shows / proves the payment has been made,  and I'll ship you your 7th gear unit!

I've posted this up on the Concours Owners Group Forum also, as this is intended to get a nice donation going. If anyone doesn't like that, well, to bad, deal with it.  :o

This represents a 525.00 value, and your money os going to help our fellow americans in need. you really can't lose - so bid alot, and bid often -let's do something we can be proud of! TIA - Steve
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:41:13 AM by Steve in Sunny Fla »

Offline toojeep4u

Re: Let's do some good - Want a 7th gear unit?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:55:51 PM »
That's a great idea Steve!
Tori '01

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:15:09 PM »

Offline medicevans

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »
You know guys, I've said it before and I'll say it again; Steve is a hell of a man and a damn fine human being. I was the recipient of his generosity earlier this year and he continues to find ways to keep giving. Just a plain great idea Steve. Glad to know you sir and hopefully I can shake your hand some day.

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »
I'll start:
$100

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline Solderwick

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 11:47:04 PM »
It's at $225 on the other forum, so here's:

$250

-Ken-
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:46:45 AM by Solderwick »

Offline turtle

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 02:43:00 AM »
Way to go, Steve!
Bill
COG #1916
2001 C10 (lots of mods)

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 05:00:30 AM »
'02 C-10

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 05:22:13 AM »
  Reminded by a response on the other thread, I better mention that my regularly priced 7th gear units are 525.00 plus your old core unit. I need the old unit back so I can keep building 7th gear units. Just want to be sure there's no confusion - Steve

Offline mlf73

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 06:02:03 AM »
I had better get my bid in while I can still afford it.......let's say  $350
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 08:21:18 AM »
The bid is now $400 on the other forum just to keep this bumped up and going.  You're a good man Steve
...and a good time was had by all.

Bergmenized

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »
Okay, Steve, now you've done it  ;D.

I hereby pledge a matching dollar-for-dollar donation to the AMERICAN RED CROSS to the winning bid. I already have a 7th gear that I got as a door prize at the 2008 COG National so I at least owe the equivalent amount to the Red Cross.

Dan

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »
Okay, Steve, now you've done it  ;D.

I hereby pledge a matching dollar-for-dollar donation to the AMERICAN RED CROSS to the winning bid. I already have a 7th gear that I got as a door prize at the 2008 COG National so I at least owe the equivalent amount to the Red Cross.

Dan

No Dan, now you've done it. I was just looking at the news, and they were doing a story on Joplin, Missouri. A man was crying because he couldn't find his son. His house, and indeed EVERY house was demolished. Then I sat down to check this thread and find your pledge. Believe it or not, I started choking up. I don't personally know anyone affected, but they're americans. We're a very giving country, Haiti and Japan have recieved alot of help from Americans, but now we need help right here at home. I'm really touched that you're going to step up like that,  I really appreciate it and respect you for it. You're the best of America, Dan. Steve

Bergmenized

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »
Thanks for the very kind words, Steve, they really mean a lot. I pitched in for relief efforts for Japan but had not stepped up to help the disasters in our own country as of yet. Seeing your post prompted me to do that.

It's all good!

Dan

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 03:36:34 PM »
You guys are awesome. Helping others when you can is where it's at. After reading this post, I don't have the funds to bid on said unit but it prompted me to go make a donation to the Red Cross. Here's a link:

http://american.redcross.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ntld_main&s_src=RSG000000000&s_subsrc=RCO_BigRedButton

"Always take the long way home."

Offline throb

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 04:09:49 AM »
Hat's off to Steve, Dan and anycleavers and anyone else giving a hand!!! :hail:
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 05:55:10 AM »
For those who can't donate money there are other ways to help, one of the biggest and most urgent needs will always be blood donations, disasters like these eat up local supplies in a heart beat and it is hard to replenish them.  Clothing, non perishable foods and simple electronics are always good as well.  From someone who has had need of other people's generorsity, even good used clothing is happily received.  Steve and Berg, thanks again.
...and a good time was had by all.

Bergmenized

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »
Any sign of a winner yet? If not, let's keep this going!

Dan

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
I'm hoping it's ME!!!! 8)